Mike@Sargent Performance / Orton Performance

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by SomethingNew, Feb 2, 2009.

1. SomethingNew

SomethingNew New Member

I went to Orton Performance this past weekend to get my Automatic 2004 WRX tuned by Mike. Mike is a very nice and cool guy. I came in with a HKS downpipe and a 3 inch catback exhaust and put down 155 HP (I forget the TQ right now) on Orton Performance's Land and Sea dyno. After a couple of hours Mike had tuned my car and it put down (if I remember correctly) 183 HP and 190 TQ as it's best run on the dyno. I'll post up some graphs when I get the chance. Mike tuned my car conservative since I still have the stock uppipe with cat, but I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Mike was more than happy to answer any and all of my questions that I had about the tune. After the last pull on the dyno, he took me out in my car and we did some data logging. After about 30 minutes of that we came back in and he made some last changes to the tune and I was on my way home with an amazing Stage 1.5 tune. The car pulls harder then ever and the boost comes on a lot smoother and harder as well. I plan on getting a catless uppipe soon and will definitely go back to him to get the full stage 2 tune on my car.

Neil at Orton Performance was also a really nice guy. He was around while I was getting my car tuned and would talk to me and ran the dyno as well. The shop was amazing Neil! All the cars in the shop were crazy. Watching that GTR on the dyno was awesome.

Thanks again! I hope to see Mike, and Neil/the rest of the Orton Performance folks again soon!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. neil@orton

neil@orton Member

It was a pleasure meeting you to and glad you liked the end result. Thanks for the compliment on the shop and you are more than welcome to drop by anytime.

Neil

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Your going to love stage two.

4. amonsta

amonsta Member

well I got a up pipe with ur name all over it! Lol

5. totsubo

totsubo Member

Thanks Neil!

Over 20 pulls... I discovered my car has less power than last November...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  6. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Glad you are enjoying the new found power. I wanted to be quite conservative with that stock up pipe on there, but I think the results were pretty decent for how conservative the tune was. Please feel free to call if you have any more questions I can help with :) I know we left some power on the table, but it will be a quick fix once we get that uppipe on there. Better safe and reliable power than tuned to the ragged edge.