Hey everyone.. new 08 STi owner here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 02///M3, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 02///M3

02///M3 New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im from NY originally, but go to law school at Emory and live about 5 minutes from the main campus. I used to have an '05 Legacy Gt, but bought an '08 STi after seeing how crazy the financing deals were. Had it shipped up here from Florida about a month ago. Unfortunately, I didn't see all the terrible issues people have been forced to deal with before I bought it, so I'll just have to cross my fingers...

Anyway, below is a crappy pic I took from my iPhone (you all know what a stock STi looks like I'm sure ;) ). Lookin forward to being part of the community and hopefully getting together for a meet here or there.

[​IMG]

Also, if anybody knows of a good place to get a clear bra installed, please let me know. I searched and came up with dynashield and atlanta protective films... gotta get this done asap seeing as how this paint apparently flakes off like dust!

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard..gl on the 08 :sx:

4. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome! The community is really good about finding solutions.

5. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

welcome, not sure of a place in atlanta but someone will chime in and help ya im sure!

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

Welcome to the boards! :wavey:

do you happen to be the guy I saw on 75 north around marietta?

7. Biggis

Biggis Member

for gods sake get that thing a good tune.

Welcome to the site, but be careful with that 08.

8. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

Welcome and congrats on the ride. Don't cross your fingers... get a compression and leak-down test. If all is good, then get a Pro-Tune @ TopSpeed to remove the inherent ECU dangers. Or, keep it stock and get the motor replaced under warranty if/when it blows.

Do NOT run ANY aftermarket piping on the car without tuning.

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

nevermind...looks like the place I used closed shop....

10. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

you know..you could have kept the LGT and still joined WRXATL =) ... Anyway..welcome and hope all goes well with the 08!! keep us updated. I can't be much help for the clear bra as I don't have one on my car...everyone else I know that gets them usually gets them done from the dealer..good luck!

11. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Hey 02///M3, welcome to the site! I work for Classic Subaru in Atlanta and can get you the clear bra for your STi. Let me know if I can help!
    Be sure to read the G2G posts for any upcoming events.

JZ

12. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

02///M3 because you used to have one?

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I think I've seen you come get coffee from me a few times.
    :wavey:

14. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the new purchase.

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the community :wavey:

16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Welcome! Good luck with the car. I hope your shit doesn't blow up like a lot of other people with 08 STIs.

17. Letum001

Letum001 Member

Welcome! :)

18. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

welcome aboard, check event section and come out to one of the events. Dyno day coming end of this month.

19. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

welcome. goodluck with the 08

20. 02///M3

02///M3 New Member

Almost forgot I made this thread! I was just there today getting the SOA reflash done, should asked about the bra then.

Thanks for the words of advice everyone. I don't plan on doing any mods really, except for possibly stage I at some point, especially if it helps me deal with this piston problem. The whole problem really sucks. When you add on the problems the car has been having with paint and the brakes, you wonder what's up with SOA.

To answer the other questions... I had an 02 e46 M3 for about a year, before I got my legacy. It was my pops car that I drove after he replaced it and before he sold it :( . Some of you guys may have seen me driving on 75, I was probably in I-mode, wishing there was 1,000 miles on it! XanRules, where do you work? The only coffee shops I generally go to are in Decatur.

Looking forward to meeting you guys as some upcoming events! Cheers.

21. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Since you have the warranty tune, I would still recommend getting the Top Speed fix so you can drive it like it is supposed to be driven. It seems that the 08 has a crap load of potential if you ever consider modding it in the future.

Welcome aboard.