How to: Intercooler Spray Kit

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by skoloseven, Mar 16, 2009.

1. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

Hey everyone, Check out this article I wrote about how to fabricate an intercooler sprayer for under $15.00; lowers my temps off road from 186 down to 113 in less than 30 sec if used with ice cubes .. :bowdown:

Intercooler Spray Kit

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Suppose there is a reason why sti included it :)

Interesting read, thanks for the link.

3. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

Yes the wrx's didn't come with it for some reason.. But it's pretty easily mod'd into the system. The whole intercooler spray really helps out, let me know how it turns out for you :) Question about the sti version: does it atomize the water very well?

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The only thing that is missing is a psi sensitive auto spray switch but hey, they solved that problem on the jdm version :)

Even that is easy to add thanks to ebay, pressure sensitive switches abound.

5. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

I agree with the switch issue. I like having complete control over it.

6. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

you mean something like that

[​IMG]

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I just wish I knew how to hack that part of the ECU. There's a bunch of tuners that have tried and as far as a I know, nobody has found how to tune it. The ECU has it in it, but I guess like the gear dependent boost, you can see that its there but not really modify the settings much.

I used to have an IC sprayer hooked up to a wot switch but have been too lazy to rewire it since I did the 5spd swap. Shit surprised me when I did a few pulls and ran out of water in the sprayer reservoir.