How to: Find off road paths and rally your car

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by skoloseven, Mar 16, 2009.

1. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

Hey everyone, I wrote this article and thought with the interest showed in rally here:naughty: you all would like to read this. It talks about how to legally find paths you can off road in your car, and how to prove your legal if approached. It also talks about how to prepare your car for off roading, and some of the necessary things you need to consider before using a WRX in a hot climate, off road. We all know how hotlanta gets :eek:hnoes:

Article: How to find off road paths and rally your car

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

nice article. After doing this myself on forest service roads and knocking my alignment out I swore off the rallying bit though. :)

3. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

hehehe wow it takes a lot to knock it out of alignment, what did you do?

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

not too much really, but I think alignment can be lost easier when you have camber bolts

5. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

So where are the dirt roads in gwinnett?

6. tolnep

tolnep Member

from atlanta get to highway 52 runs between amicalola falls and dahlonega.

get off on nimberwill church road (on you left as you head towards dahlonega). there are, i expect several hundred miles of forest service roads to cut back into the national/state forest here between dahlonega, suches etc. you can cut through back in the hills before you get to dahlonega and end up north of suches. cross 60 head back into the hills again going east. gaddistown gap, coopers creek and more.

there is an army ranger camp frank d. merril back in the woods and they use the area to train soldiers

for a futher excursion, head to the GA/SC border on the chatooga river area where they filmed dileverance. There some cool roads that run back and forth between GA and SC.

The length of the forest roads north of dahlonega though is amazing. i use a gps maping system to explore back there and you can go all day. is quite popular with mountain bikers and horseback folks. some good trout streams back in there..

you see some toothless hillbilly though better run before he comments on your 'purdy mouth'...

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member