Time for some race gas...

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Kokopelli, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I finally have made it past the break in period on the transmission and everything is running fine. A big thanks to Andy for putting the transmission together for me.

I am going to change the transmission fluid and pick up a 5 gallon can of q16 for a trip to Commerce next Friday. Anybody else interested? It has been a while since we had a decent size group head up there.

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'd like to go watch... Won't be participating yet though.

3. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

might be going to commerce TODAY though, to watch some top fuel cars run

would like to go watch too

4. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i'd be down for going...and get waxed but another silver bugeye hahaa

5. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

I'll be there. My new gearset is broken in now aswell!

6. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

anyone going up there today or Mike friday, can you please pick up 5 gallons for me. I won't get a chance to go up there and need it for the car.

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

In 2 fridays I am down, gotta work next friday.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wished I was closer to you guys. I'd love to take Mike's car down the strip once if he would let me.

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Nobody but me and my wife drive my car. Especially on a track or sdrag strip. It is my daily driver and if something happened I'd be shit out of luck. I also will not drive anybody else's car on a track/strip either.

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Don't blame you man that's why I said 'if' you would let me.

Had an STi a few months back with a 20g on it at Darlington. He was consistantly hitting 12.0's and 12.1's. I was watching him and saw the launch needing work. His friends know me and my car and they convinced him to let me make one pass after many words back and forth that a 12.0 was all his car had. I pumped up the tires a little more for him and made one pass and came back with a 11.8 and I was disgusted with my launch. I simply told him....dude you have better times...practice makes perfect. Very next pass he clocked 11.8 after seeing what needed to be done. He wanted me to drive it again but I refused.

Good luck man.....post up the times when you get it. You should clock a nice high 10 if you get it down right.

13. Yeah, if my car was tuned heavily I wouldnt be letting people drive it. My car, hell I dont think I would even left my wifey drive it, you gotta have your boundries, lol.

I say that quietly, and not in her presence.

14. SncYllw

SncYllw New Member

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Wanna go bad... but I work until 7pm.. wouldn't get to the track till 8:15-8:30..

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Coming from Little River Marina on Bells Ferry going towards Bridge Mill its about 2 miles up on the right past the Bridge Mill entrance. The race gas pump is by the entrance of the car wash and not near the other pumps. You have to bring a container to fill since putting leaded gas in a street car is illegal ;)

17. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

and how much is a gallon? thanks

18. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Damn Ped, I thought you said you were gonna be up and running like a month ago...?

19. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

haha... yeah, tell me about it. Been too much other stuff going on unfortunately.

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Man me and jerome were just talking about the drag strip yesterday.

I will definitely be there

21. monyg85

monyg85 Member

im thinking about hitting up the track too in this coming weekend or the next. Ive never taken my car...first time. So it should be interesting lol...Hoping for the best!

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Will they allow bikes,

23. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have seen bikes run at Commerce and Silver Dollar

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

cool, Mike, wanna race against a bike? :naughty:

25. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I know ur prolly being sarcastic... but they run the bikes seperate a few times per night between car runs...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  26. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I lost the last race to a bike pretty bad. My daughter on her Huffy had about 3 lengths on me. I'm too embarassed to try again. She still talks smack to this day.

27. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol yea I was being sarcastic. You should come out too man, I'm sure we'd still be there by the time you got there around 8:30

28. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Anyone know how late they run and how busy its been? I'd consider going if I could get at least 2 runs in. I'd be pissed if I drove an hour each way and paid $20 to run once...

29. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

last time I was up there (although its been years) we were there until about 11 but it was packed. I didn't get there until after 8 too, but I just spectated.

30. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

I went a few weeks back and managed 3 runs. There were alot of people running that night thou, but I think I got there around 7.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

From what I read, if you get there when the gates open you can get like 5/6 runs in.

32. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Silver Dollar is so much better, but much, much further away.

Every time I have gone to Silver Dollar, we met up with a Caravan leaving from the Varisty in the morning. Arrive usually around 10am to 11am, about when the gates open. After Tech and getting the car prepared, start heading to the Staging area.

I have gotten at least 15 runs each of the 4 or 5 times I have been. Usually, you run, and then pull right back into Staging and run again within a matter of minutes.

Never been there in the evening though, and they usually shut down the track around 7pm or 8pm.

33. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

I would perfer to run Silver Dollar if there running next Sat. What sucks for me is I live 20 minutes from Commerce and would rather drive 2hrs away for a good track.LOL!

34. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ That sounds better.. The few times I went to Commerce, the most runs I've had is 4... thats including a time I got there before they opened.. Can someone explain how Silver Dollar is better? Everyone, not just on this site, tells me how crappy Commerce is and how I'll run at least .2 better at SD. Is it the elevation difference? Track prep? I would think crappy track prep that effects launch wouldn't be that much of a factor for us with the AWD. Never had a problem with traction at Commerce.

35. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have always run better at Commerce and the last time I was at Silver Dollar I got 4 runs in in 4 hours.

It really all depends on what event you go to at Silver Dollar. The open track days and test and tunes can easily be as crowded as Commerce.

36. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Well, I'm up for what ever, I'm ready to run it.

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did you ever go Mike?

38. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Going this Friday if the weather holds up.

Hopefully I'll be able to trap at least as fast as a 2.0l with a 16g ;)