If it Smells Like Gas..it is!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Raziel1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

So lately I've been noticing the slight smell of raw fuel inside the cabin when I fill up. I wasn't quite sure at first where the smell was coming from, but later realized that it was by the rear wheel by the tank. I left my car sitting for a while over the weekend and only to find a small puddle of gas when i moved it today. :eek:hnoes:

its leaking! its leaking? wtf!! Anyways I looked it up and found a lot of people with the same issue here

Has anyone here had the same problem?

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I smell gasoline in my cabin when its really cold outside and i start the car. I know my problem, but its really not a biggie to worry about. But it seems like you have bigger problem than me. A gas leak by your gas tank is never good.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I did! What you read on nasioc is related to bugeye's and a problem with the fuel line shrinking during cold weather. You have an '04, right? Check the fuel pump gasket...mine was off center when it got re-installed after switching fuel pumps; caused fuel to seep out the top of the tank whenever it was above 3/4 full. I would see the fuel drip down the tank, right behind the right rear tire.

I bought a new gasket and installed it...all fixed.

4. wrxmeehan

wrxmeehan New Member

its sad becuase i have this same problem on my 08 wrx and it only has 2500 miles on it...FML

5. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

thanks a lot man! I'll check this out ASAP and let you know if it worked out

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

you need to go back to the dealership.

7. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

What he said. Thats what warranties are for, mang.