Ghost's 04 STI

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Ben@TTR, Aug 27, 2008.

1. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Damn Ben.... going to have a monster setup. Looks nice.

2. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Ok got all the fittings..really anxious to start putting it together but I dont have a wrench big enough to put the 8AN fittings on.

[​IMG]

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

Go get you some Summit AN wrenches, then bring them over to the shop so I can put my gas tank in the Ranger

4. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I put the passenger side rail on friday..it was PITA. I'll prob finish up tomorrow and post some pics. Getting the factory fuel rails out without taking out the tumbler valves was not fun either lol.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  5. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lol, that ranger is awesome....if you can even still call it a ranger. Its the quasiranger lol

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well the frame rails and most of the cab are a Ranger, the rest of the truck is a Johnny Cash song. If you need a hand, call

7. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Ok, got the rails etc installed..lets just say it was a tight fit lol. Just waiting on the injectors to arrive so I can put everything back together and tidy the lines up a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres what im talking about with how close these rails fit. Getting those lines in there sucked
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Looks great man, good work... :D

9. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Looking good!

10. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Need to finish up so we can start on Project trendkill

11. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

:wiggle: Hellz yeah! When is that motor coming in anyway?

I got the injectors in today finally. Everything is back together under the hood, all I have to do now is finish piggybacking the 2nd walbro in the tank. I'll be dropping it off saturday to start fab on the S362 kit :ddirty: Cant wait to see what this thing does!

12. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

what time you are going to up there on sat? I am gonna try to come up there on sat too.

13. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

mike said around 5 or so

14. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Sould be here by the end of next week, I might start preping the engine bay this weekend :naughty:

15. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Jeez, I just got those damn fuel pumps in. It was tough situating them so they dont bind when you bolt the plate down. Been working on it since I got home @ 8. I hope there arent any leaks at any of the fittings under the hood. I'm not going to crank the car till Mike gets here tomorrow. I did just pressurize the lines by turning the key a few times and it looks good so far but it only got to 20psi.

Anybody still awake? lol

BTW FYI dont bother trying to find a damn fuel T-fitting anywhere but Summit. I went to five parts stores before I gave up and made the drive. It was 11 bucks

16. b reel

b reel Active Member

Man if I was doing this it would done by now, oh wait I can't say that because my truck has been sitting for damn near 3 years and still won't move under it's own power. Looks good regardless, will have to come over sometime for a closer look. If you need anything just call, might have had that tee sitting on the bench in the shop by the way.

17. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I'm still planning on being there around 2. I'll call for directions here in a few hours.

18. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Well the car is now in Sargent Power's hands. All I can do now is twiddle my thumbs lol. Had a brief problem with the fuel filter Summit sold me which Mike quickly found. They sold me a filter for a carburated vehicle and it was restricting flow causing the computer to pull more fuel even though I had upgraded injectors. Crazy shit lol. Cant wait to get some pics of the turbo mounted in the car!

19. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Just wait till you get it back...AC vent across the entire car! You did say it was ok to remove the entire interior right? Oh and we got in the 500ft spool of 20 gauge wire for your custom grounding kit!

20. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

:rofl::squint:

21. CWebb6913

CWebb6913 New Member

sick ride man

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

Man you have inspired me to spend even more money on yet another project and the poor Ranger will never be done. Thanks... Was glad to see the ride leave under its own power can't wait for passes down the strip. So when are you going to start modding the Luv?

23. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Lol idk if i will..The subie is a money pit and all I really plan to do to the luv is sorta restore it with a new paint job, weather stripping etc. Maybe rebuild the motor n' carb

24. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

I will try to get you some paint from work... I want to see the luv fully restored...

25. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

this thread is full of win.

26. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Hellz yeah, hook me up with some paint. I dont even care what color. That way I can go ahead and block the body and keep myself occupied until I get the suby back. Lmk how much

On second thought, I'm thinking maybe blue or burnt ernge lol

27. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Man I wish I had know you were getting those rails and dual pumps, Im just about to put that exact fuel setup out of the bugeye up for sale.

28. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Shiot!
    :sad:

29. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

how much sir?

30. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Awesome set-up!

31. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Well, coming down to the closing weeks on the turbo build. I'm very excited to get my car back. I know its going to take some time to get used to the suby again. I haven't drove it but once in 3 1/2 months. I honestly dont know what to expect hp wise but I know it will be a substantial increase from the 310hp I had lol. There is a good possibility that most of the fab work will be finished this weekend..

32. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Can't wait!

33. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Point a gun at them... I have noticed when a gun is pointed at a person, they seem to move faster...imo...

J/k...

I cant wait to ride in the beat when it is finished.... :ddirty:

34. wishiwuzfast77

wishiwuzfast77 New Member

cant wait till they finish it too man

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  35. rare_element

rare_element New Member

Good job on the set up, very nice car.

36. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

WOOOHOO! The car is back home as of Sunday morning. BIG thanks to b reel for the help with the trailer...no, the turbo kit is not on the car yet. still waiting for it to come back. im sure mike will elaborate on that when he gets back from slackin' off lol.

[​IMG]

37. techlord

techlord Active Member

Brian is a good guy!
    What in the world is taking so long, seems like your car went under months ago. But then again time moves VERY fast at my age.

38. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lol a series of unfortunate events. but were on the home stretch now. I'm re-routing the intercooler piping right now. ill post some pics later tonight

39. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Schweet!!

40. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

ok i had a pretty productive day today. i re-routed all the intercooler piping to meet up with the new turbo, finished putting the fuel system in order and cleaned up the engine bay a lot. there was a bunch of misc hoses and such that i removed or relocated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

41. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

nice, that reverse flow piping and all the stainless lines look really good. Where's your bov hiding?

42. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

:rofl: brian has to weld the flange on for it. thanks tho, its not 100% where everything will be but close. I'm still making brackets to hold the fuel lines in place and some other small things. I have some other steel braided lines I still have to install too. I'm really anxious to see some pics of yours. :coolugh:

43. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

as it sits right now.... lets race for pinks

44. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

:p:unamused::wtc:

45. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Drew could have nice fuel rails and stainless lines.....if....

THEY SURE DO LOOK GOOD DON'T THEY DREW....that is all

46. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

damn when you told me you drag race i was just expecting something fast....

but i didnt think your car would be such a beast (i should`ve expected it when you told me your 'goals' haha)

47. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

shut...up...matt...

mute...mute...MMUUTTEE - where's that damn matt ball mute button :coolugh:

48. b reel

b reel Active Member

Damn, I work on all these sick rides and I'm stuck driving a 5 horse 2-stroke, what gives?

49. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Looking good. I'll try to get a progress report by sometime early next week. The piping is off being estimated at this time. I am trying to find a place that will replicate less than 100 at a time without charging an arm and a leg so I can keep costs down on the kit.

50. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

The Sargent Power S362 Rotated kit is now installed! Can't wait to get started tuning this bad boy. Next on the mod list...ported heads and some upgraded cams. Not sure when that will happen, but I am sure it will be a blast for Ghost to drive in the mean time.