OMG This is soo AWESOME

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bug-Rex, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

2. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

I might have to go mtn biking thursday...

3. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

god i love downhill, if you love this watch ROAM, best freeride/downhill movie ever! are there any good downhill places in the norht georgia mountains>

4. NuralEnFluX

NuralEnFluX New Member

Dude, this is such a sick video! I used to go twice a week, but have been super busy lately. This had got pushed me to tune my bike and hit some trails ASAP!

Yes, we have a good number of killer trails in GA. You have a wide assortment from trails like you see on that video (Big Creek in Roswell being the one I frequent most) to long lazy trails that take most of a day to see the whole thing.

Some of my favorite trails are Bear Creek, Bull Mtn, Jake Mtn and Big Creek. I'd make sure to check on each before going since many are not for beginners and may ruin the ride for people not used to the tough terrain.

Here are some of the top sites to check out trails in our area.

Southern Off-Road Bike Association - Main site for all trails and info
    http://www.sorba.org/

Mountain Bike Magazine that has a trail rating section for GA
    http://trails.mtbr.com/pscTrails/United,States,Trails/Georgia/PLS_4541crx.aspx

The Roswell / Alpharetta Mtn Biking club - great info on a local club
    http://www.rambo-mtb.org/

Good luck and be safe since these trails are no joke and people end up getting hurt all the time from trying to go big when they need to start small. Have fun kicking up some dirt!

5. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

nice video, some serious work was put in to making those trails

6. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I recently bought a mtn bike but have yet to ride. Perhaps a Wrx Atlanta Mtn Bike meet is in order???

7. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Is there somebody on here that has a blue bugeye with a SORBA sticker on the back window? I think there was a small dent in the drivers side fender. If you are on here, thanks for letting me in line on spring st. yesterday!
    Sorry for the treadjack, but all this talk about mountain bikes reminded me of a nice person in traffic yesterday.
    I haven't been on a mountain bike in years. I tend to get to aggressive and fall to much, and I'm afraid I'll break and arm and won't be able to work. So I'm sticking with the road bike for now, and just risk death by car...

8. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Heck yes!

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

i know i cant keep up on the mtn runs but i think i can with me being the motor

10. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

+2

When is good for you guys?

11. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

those are some sick trails

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

sick....just sick

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

14. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Yeah. Thats been on every forum I am on. Almost like the Ken Block video. lol. I'm not really into trials stuff. More mountain free ride for me. That guy has skills though.

15. jayj713

jayj713 Member

wow both those videos are so sick

16. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I've been trying to get a downtown freeride session together for a while if anyone is interested in that. Or we could do XC, but I'm so bored of that... Big creek has some little jumps and XC, so maybe that's best?

17. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I'm down for any ride we put together depending on the day.

18. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn. I've got a Canondale frame sitting in the garage. I think Im going to build it

19. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'm slow now but Ill go...Eddie I've got a single speed you can ride if you want to come

20. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

So what does a downtown freeride session mean? What kind of bike would I need?

21. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I use to ride Trials
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These were from a show in Tallahassee. Not as extreme as that video, but I was on the FSU news with another guy that I rode with. I have it on VHS somewhere. I need to convert it to digital now that I think about it.
    ALSO there use to be a weekely urban asault ride that met at piedmont park, and they would ride to GT campus and hit a buncha spots. That was years ago, so I'm not sure if they still do it. I have a buddy that is nationally ranked in trials that lives in town, I'll ask him if they are still doing it next time I see him.

22. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

For a Urban ride downtown you can pretty much ride any type of mountain bike, for the more gnarly stuff you might want a long travel front fork or bike depending on how you throw down.