Trans wont shift

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by kaos, Apr 27, 2009.

1. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I can tell you who has the least! :)

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Glad this thread turned around for the better

3. kaos

kaos New Member

MY COROLLA

lmao.....

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

Not to be an asshole. But you won't be washing your hands of his car. Cuz it sounds to me like he doesn't have all his ducks in a row. Having to sell parts to fix the tranny, when he has all those cheap ebay parts. Priorities aren't where they should be imo. He will be calling you again when more crap breaks.

And like I said I promise I'm not being an asshole. Just telling you what will happen. We will be here to talk you thru it, just expect a whole lot of "told you so's"

5. kaos

kaos New Member

lmao, when i said washing my hands i meant i am done with it. i told him earlier that when we get this trans deal finished i am not doing anything else.

6. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

good for you. sounds like a mess. good luck with getting it put back together... pics of the Corolla plz :wiggle:

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah my friends (about 10 of us) and i in statesboro spent 3 weeks full of late nights trying to shoehorn a JDM turbo MR2 motor into a corolla. it was an unsuccessful attempt to say the least. i think the guy finally got it running, but thats about it, it ran. never very well or very fast

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

and...

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

:asshole:i was relating to the OP having a Corolla. thats all, lol

10. kaos

kaos New Member

pic sux

it's nothing special right now
    [​IMG]

but i am in the process of going from

this
    [​IMG]

to

this
    [​IMG]

only thing that I am missing right now is the trans, a guy from the corolla forum i am part of is sending me one for the cost of shipping, with an extra ecu, and a header that another member gave me because he no longer has a 4afe. ( he has a twincharged 4age )

anyways, as soon as the trans is in i will clean it up some more and get some better pictures, i think a coat of rattlecan primer black is coming soon. don't like the faded ass chipped up green

11. kaos

kaos New Member

it must have been the 3sgte, because all the 4age engines bolt right to factory mounts, even the silvertop and blacktop.

i want to find a 4age from a gts ae86, aftermarket support makes 300whp pretty easy

12. kaos

kaos New Member

how do i get to the forum home, i have yet to figure this out, all i get is the screen with the recent posts

13. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

are u mobile?

if you look up at the top right where it says "hello kaos" and right below private messages it says "viewing pleasure," select the darkness setting. I find that the easier site setting to navigate as all of the buttons are right at the top.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  14. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

any clifs to this thread?

15. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

heh....i remember that project. seems like that car was sitting around forever.
    last i talked to him, it was running, kinda tuned and i think he was about ready to sell the thing.

16. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

CN: Veteran clutch installer/Newbie Subaru Mechanic gets his hands on a used blaze yellow WRX that needs a clutch...turns into a fiasco with some harmless name calling.

Posts # of interest = 12, 18, 19, 26, 45

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  17. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

Hello if the trans shifts out of the car then it is something in the clutch set up.If the trans does not shift on the ground it has to come apart.@200. pm me.

18. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea, definitely something to do with the clutch. After installing a clutch stop, Breel wasn't able to put his car in gear since his clutch is so worn and the engagement point was beyond the clutch stop. Pull the tranny out and do it again.

19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

this thread should have been closed 2 weeks ago when the OP gave up and sent the subie on his way.