Top feed to side feed

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by dtredwing14, May 18, 2009.

1. dtredwing14

dtredwing14 Member

I have a opportunity to pick up a set of APS TVG deletes and a Perrin fuel rail (both side feed) for real cheap. Only problem is I have a 06 WRX which is top feed. I was wondering what it would take to convert my engine to a side feed. From looking on Nasioc it looks like to me I would just need side feed injectors to go with the deletes and fuel rail. I've heard of people going from side feed to top feel but not the other way around. There was one post on Nasioc the asked the same question but with no answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, another thing is it worth it? Both never installed, and in perfect condition. One of my buddies at work had to sell his 04 STI and his wife want's all his unused parts out of the house. Hence the discount.

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

any reason you want to install the TGV deletes and aftermarket fuel rail? planning on upgrading the injectors later for more power?

there's a reason people go from side to top feed: greater range of injector choices (mostly in larger sizes) for top feed applications

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That is funny...I am trying to go the other way around. There is no need to get aftermarket fuel rails unless you are planning on making 500+ hp.

4. amonsta

amonsta Member

Ive heard that top feed is much better! Im a side feed guy but probally will stay that way!!! lol

5. What is the benefit of a TVG delete?

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I have sidefeed injectors from an sti. To do it you need the sidefeed tgv's, injectors, and also to swap the connectors for the wiring harness.

There's really no point in spending the money to go sidefeed, if you really want tgv deletes just find a used set of top feeds and delete them then swap. Or delete your own for free.

7. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Depends who you ask...some will say not a damn thing, others say it helps. This debate's been going on for some time now, but I've never seen any dyno results to back anything up.

The TGV's sit between the top of the block and intake manifold. There's a butterfly valve in there that has something to do with start up emissions. From a flow standpoint, it would make sense to remove them, as you're limiting how much air you can fluidly flow.

Mine are semi-deleted. The TGV's (one pair on each side) contain two cylinder-ish shaped objects with a thin piece of metal running through the center (vertically) and a butterfly valve on the top. The injectors connect to the side of the TGVs. I removed the valves, but left that piece of metal. I also had mine ceramic coated, and I put spacers between the block and TGVs to help reduce heat.

Here's a picture of what they look like. You can see the two holes up front where the injectors will go, and if you look at the bottom of the TGV you can (just barely) see the spacer. It's thin...only millimeters thick.
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps...

8. dtredwing14

dtredwing14 Member

So I would need to splice in side feed connectors in place of the top feed ones? Damn I thought the would have the same connection.

I was planning on getting the APS TVG deletes, upgraded fuel rail, and (most likely) 750cc injectors in the future. This deal just happened to come up. I didn't want to pass it up if it's a practical conversion. I'd be picking up the fuel rail, and the TVG deletes for 200$ The TVG deletes come with the servos and both are brand new.

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

it is a TUMBLE. GENERATOR. VALVE.

T.G.V.

10. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

if anyone one wants a set of TGVs Top Feed, so you can port it - no downtime when you decide to swap let me know. I have a full manifold and TGVs (2) - loan or trade or sale

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

just do this VVV