New Guy From Acworth

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by OutaFocus, May 5, 2009.

1. OutaFocus

OutaFocus New Member

Hello All,

I just joined the forum after buying an 09 Black STI on Saturday. I love the car, but I'm still coming to grips with the fact that I traded my old car for it.

I traded my 2007 C6 Corvette:

[​IMG]

It was a big change to this car, but I think it's going to be great.

2. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Congrats on the purchase. The consensus is that Steven King (Tech at SOK ) is the one you want working on your car.

Others feel free to chime in, but you may want to consider taking it to Topspeed for an ECU reflash to let it run safer (Subaru won't do it as it may cange emissions). I think Doug at Topspeed said he would do it for a nominal cost and shouldn't affect your warranty.

Congrats again.

3. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Welcome to WRX-ATL.... Nice vette but I am sure you will love the STI oh and KING FTW.

4. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

congrats and welcome :wavey:

5. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

welcome aboard. just let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

Welcome. Congrats on new purchase

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Can I ask why the change? I love the C6's!!! The Sti is a great ride though as well. Certainly close in performance with way more practicality!

8. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

congratulations man! I hope you enjoy your new ride! =]

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL, wait I know you...didn't you used to have a mustang...and maybe use this screen name on another Road Racing Forum?

Welcome aboard

Matt Ball
    (with the 06 STI that ran a bunch of NASA events with you...also on CC)

10. OutaFocus

OutaFocus New Member

Hey Matt!

Yup, that's me.

Just to jog our memory:

[​IMG]

Did you ever get that rental garage? I haven't seen you posting on CC much any more.

Scott

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  11. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Welcome to the community :wavey:

12. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Welcome!

13. slowwrx

Is the Mustang Gone

14. OutaFocus

OutaFocus New Member

Long gone. A guy from CC and NASA bought it and now runs it in AI. I sold it to buy the Corvette.

15. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

16. slowwrx

No I never got a shop, I haven't been on CC much lately, it seems to have slowed down over there...not much going on.

17. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Welcome!

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard

19. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Welcome to WRXATL

20. slowwrx

Scott is a great driver guys and I'm sure he will make a great addition to the community here. He has lots of seat time on track.

21. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome to the boards and congrats on the new purchase! Do you have any pictures yet of the new ride?

22. Letum001

Letum001 Member

Welcome to the site man!

23. OutaFocus

OutaFocus New Member

Thanks again everyone for the welcome. Thanks also to Matt for the kind words. I hope to be able to contribute in some small way.

No, no pictures yet. I need to wait for some decent weather and some time to clean the grime off of it! Soon.........

24. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Cool, some nice weather coming up soon I think.

25. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

It was great meetin gyou today scott, you have a great setup going on at your house... cant wait to come help you out with the springs and sways on your car... hope to see you around at some meets....

26. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

Yeah man that lift and fender roller were awesome. Thanks so much and it was great meeting you. and cool to have mmtasty come riding by. small world

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

where abouts in acworth?

I live about 500 yards from north cobb high school

28. OutaFocus

OutaFocus New Member

I'm right off of Wade Green about 1.5 miles east of I-75. Great meeting you guys today. Also nice to meet Jewels450 and mmtasty who just happened to ride by while the car was in the air. Interesting coincidence that Jewels lives in my neighborhood and we've never met.

I looks like this group has a great bunch of people and I'd like to make some g2g's. Maybe we could do a mod or install day here. I have a bearing press coming soon, so I will be pretty self sufficient. Anytime I'm home, the garage is open if you need to do an install. All I ask is that the car isn't disabled overnight so that I can get mine back in.

I'm going to sign up for the Dyno Day next weekend, so I'll be able to meet some of you there. Just look for the old fat guy!

Scott

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  29. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome to the club!!

30. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Glad ya didn't mind us dropping in on ya. you just never know who your going to run into.:rofl: Its nice to have such a cool neighbor. :wavey:
    you'll meet lots of cool folks at the dyno day. make sure you sign up