anti tracking program

Discussion in 'Media' started by Bug-Rex, May 27, 2009.

1. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Anyone here use an anti-tracking program to stop ISP's from seeing what your downloading? (Such as torrents and music and such)

What are you using?

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Haven't used any downloading programs in forever! Try download.com see if there are any suggestions there..

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Unless you are downloading thousands of songs, programs, or movies per day you have nothing to worry about from a law enforcement standpoint. They wont even go look for you unless you are making a business off of it, or giving a unreal amount of it away to people.

Cyber enforcement has gone up since I last pirated stuff, but even then you had to be a kingpin to even getted looked at.

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I actually think they quit going after folks over the net after they ended up trying to prosecute a dog a dead person and something else insane like that. LOL

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

unpossible, unless you encrypt your traffic (which is possible with bittorrent).

however, deep packet inspection is still entirely possible.

in closing, don't worrying about it

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i wonder if he's asking because his ISP is just throttling his speeds...

7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That could be, or he is secretly a pedo.

8. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

not any speed problem, I just don't want my ISP to shut off my internet because I am downloading movies and music torrents. I'm new to illegal downloading if you can't tell.

9. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Dont worry about it. If they did that I would have been in jail at the age of 14. I havent downloaded anything since I was about 19, so I am quite out of the loop of torrents and all that stuff.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Usenet.
    [​IMG]

11. Mark/Space

Mark/Space New Member

OK, now something I know about. Use a VPN. It will create a secure tunnel from your computer to where ever your VPN server is. The tunnel is secure through your ISP and all they see is encrypted data so they can't filter or even see what type of data you are sending. (and the ISPs do filter.) I use Witopia.net It's great too because you can surf anonymously. They have a few servers around the US and one in the UK so you can make it look like you are someplace else. Get the SSL version, it's the most secure and ISPs will be less likely to block it. personalVPNā„¢ - SSL (openVPN) is the one to get.
    But honestly, I don't think they will call you out unless you are downloading a shitton. On the other hand, if ever the ISP is forced to give up IPs, you won't have to worry. You're cloaked.