Hey from a military member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rllyrckt, May 13, 2009.

1. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

Hey, my names Andrew. I own a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with a 2003 WRX swap. Im currently stationed in Gulfport Mississippi at the Naval Construction Battalion Center for my Tech Training in The United States Air Force. yea i know Air Force on a Navy base....:rofl::rofl: Anyways, im hoping to have my car down here from my home state of PA, in a few weeks and im just snooping around to see if there is anything awesome around my area to do subaru wise...so help me out!!!!:bowdown:

2. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

Figured what's an intro post like with no pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

thx for your service.

Tight rally lanterns.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks for your service, former USAF myself... What are you doing on a squid base?? :) Welcome!

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the family! nice ride. who did the swap?

6. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

Im on the Navy base b/c the military decided to jointly instruct the Navy Seebees, Army Corps of Engineers and Air Force Red Horse/PRIME BEEF all @ one location, and they settled on the SEEBEE base that I am currently at now. I cant complain its actually not that bad here, except for trying to spot the NAVY officers when im marching around....but besides that its not too bad....what was your AFSC in the Air Force if i might ask.

7. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

I had Ryan @ AREA1320 in Easton PA do the swap for me back in this time last year...im very pleased with it, im just running pretty much stock everything right now, the only mod i have done to the motor wise is a catback SRS exhaust, but im hoping to do a 16G upgrade here soon, along with a Grimmspeed uppipe and Tial 38mm EWG and non catted downpipe, with an electric cutout to really get that boxer rumble sound when i want it....

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

...they have the same rank insignia as USAF officers :confused:

9. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

yea but when they are walking around in BDU's and im used to looking at insignias on ABU's its a little harder to spot them, but ive been getting better....:sx:

10. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

welcome to the boards! Sweet swap!

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Don't remember the ASFC code (its been a long time).. but I was an F-16 Crew Chief. I was stationed in Aviano AB in Italy for 4 years, which I highly recommend if you can get over there.... And whats this you say about marching? I didn't march at all after boot camp... :)

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I had to march one time after bootcamp.

our sub's engineer made us parade around on 7/6/06 in celebration of our hull number: SSN 766. he broke out his sword and everyhitng.

he was a jerk. :unamused:

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ lol... I'm really glad they never made us try to march... I wasn't good at it while in bootcamp... "HEY!!! UP FRONT!! STOP BOUNCING!!!!"

14. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

yea i still have to march while im in uniform and being that i am still in the "restricted" PHASE OF TECH SCHOOL, i still have to be in uniform at all times when not in the dorm and that means alotta marching.... but in two weeks ill be better, and i hope to have my car then so i dont have to walk anywhere hahaha

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

oh ok you're a nub. figures. I was an E-3/4 coming out of bootcamp so never had to do that crap

16. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

I am an E-3 but i still have the same freakin restrictions as the E-1's in my class, i dont know why they have us do the stuff that we do, but i just do it and dont ask any questions hahaha

17. MonikAWD

MonikAWD New Member

You see a black evo with some rainbow wheels(lol titainium lip)??? Thatll be my BF, hes stationed in Gulfport during the week, and i drive around too (not so much as he does) but there is a 1/4mi that we regularly attend!! We should go there together and and hang out and stuff.. :)

18. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

yea i have seen that evo, it looks BAD ASS!!! and yes ill take ya up on the 1/4mi invite, but itll have to wait till i get my car and until the middle of june when i can get off base in my civilian clothes, or i could race in my Blues....that would look B.A. hahaha i saw your car on the forums and it looks awesome, id like to see it someday....

19. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Welcome to the boards!

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That is uber hot. Love the light bar.

Where from PA are you from. I moved here from Harrisburg about 4 years ago. I knew a couple of people in Easton as well though.

21. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Awesome car. Welcome

22. El_Diablo

El_Diablo Member

Cool man, welcome. Let them "Can Do" SeaBees train you up right.

<---former Navy

23. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

thanx for all the welcomes, and i am from York PA.

24. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yes Uber nice ride man! Welcome!

:wavey:

25. MonikAWD

MonikAWD New Member

Yeah, just lemme know when, i drive down alot.

26. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

ok i will, im hoping to have my baby down here inn the next few weeks, hopefully within 3 ( I HOPE!!!) is there any sorta like meetup and hangout kinda things going on in this area the next few weeks or months that i should plan for, i know there is a car show in june at the gulfport coliseum, but besides that, im clueless hahaha

27. MonikAWD

MonikAWD New Member

i havent heard of that car show, most car shows in gulfport are redneck-ish Classic car stuff.....

Track days are Test and Tune Every Wednesdays at 6pm :)

28. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

ok cool, yeah the car sho is known as "scrapingthecoast" we could get a "subaru invasion" and roll in a pack of subarus there....people would be like WTF??

yea i think once i get a set of tires, preferably a set of Falken Azenis RT 615's for the car ill take it to the track, my winter tires arent really meant for drag racing hahaha

29. MonikAWD

MonikAWD New Member

HA! Scraping the coast is nothing but low rider trucks and BS like that. Eww.

30. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

ohh i see, thanx for the warning and saving my time appreciate that yeah low trucks is a waste of time in my opinion hahaha

31. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Very cool car man. Welcome to WRXAtlanta. And as others have mentioned, thanks for your service.

32. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

toot toot