Tune results *pics*

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by DustySTI, Jun 5, 2009.

1. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

As you guys know we have been working on my car for the past week and it finally came together.

Special thanks to Face, KingWRX, OneIGuy, Xan Rules, Doug (topspeed). Couldn't have done this without you guys!:bowdown:

Dyno results were 337 hp and 350 tq at 19psi. More power to come in the future. (tdo5 20g 7cm^2, perrin fmic, TBE tune)

Couple of pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

aweomse numbers! Keep us updated!

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

Why such a difference between this and seans (oneiguys) car? He made 370/370 on a 20g. Is it the hybrid block with raised compression? Wouldn't the AVCS compensate/make it more powerful? Just curious

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Is that a Perrin BigMAF installed there as well?? Or is it just the Perrin short ram?

Jake, I bet the difference in that Sean's 20G is a td06.

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

He is still running the stock inlet hose... which is a huge restriction. Once that is replaced I am sure it will make alot more power.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea I was there when you talked to Cohen yesterday and heard the inlet collapsed on you? Looks like Im definitely upgrading that when $$ allows.

7. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

That one also looks like a stock inlet...

Siegel

8. siegelracing

LOL. I'm a bit distracted and typed that a few hours ago and just posted it ;)

Siegel

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Post your impressions after you ride it for a while.. If I did every find the money to upgrade thats the setup I've been looking at. I'm wondering how it compares to a normal protuned STI....

10. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

Sean has an APS inlet which probably helping his numbers out, but it would seem as if he is running a td06 from what i hear about his spool time. Plus he has TGV deletes if I'm not mistaking. Chime in anytime Sean.

I am running a perrin big maf. with stock tgv and stock inlet on an internal wastegate. The car spools like vf39 IMO with power all the way to redline. It feels really nice. Its an awesome DD with lots of potential. Ask Face about it. He took a ride and had a grin on his face. If you are in the area I can always take people for a ride.

Congrats on the baby Scott!

11. siegelracing

Thank you Dusty.

I knew Sean's had made surprising power, when Sean was bringing us some AWESOME food he also reminded me that he has ported and polished heads...

Siegel

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

It's a blast for sure. she spools fast and just keeps pulling...and pulling... Makes me want a down pipe, inlet, AP2, and a tune... :naughty: