Anyone have experience with the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by GTscoob, Jun 17, 2009.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Tirerack is closing them out and they're super cheap. From the looks of it they look like a decent tire but does anyone on here have direct experience with them? I'm guessing that Hankook is replacing the Ventus S1 Evo with the Ventus V12 Evo?

If nothing else, what is a good tire in the $100/tire range. I'm not getting Kumhos again after getting sidewall bubbles in 2 of the tires, the sidewalls are just too weak on the cheap tires. Dunlop Direzza, Hankook Ventus V12, and Yokohama S.Drive are two others I've been looking closely at.

2. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i have the dunlop's and i really like them...

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Im currently have 2 cars...the fozzy and the wagon while I haven't done any real aggressive driving with either set, I think for a real world car daily driving they are a underrated tire especcially when looking at the price.

Quiet,durable, and good looking

Id buy another set if I needed.

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

I don't know the diff between these and the Ventus K104...I had the 104's on the stang and I had problems smokin the tires like the previous set. MUCH more safe in the rain and sticky.
    I would highly recommend...what kind of prices do they have? Got a link?

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I got my 225/40/18 for about 86 per tire and my 245/45/18 for 95 per

6. schneid

schneid Member

I have sdrives on my 330 and they have been great so far...I think treadwear might be a bit quick though.

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

I know their 409's make for good fun in the gravel, had a few others and best bang for the buck.

8. GregT

GregT Member

I had the Direzza Star Spec, they were the best tire i've ever had on any car. quiet, good wet traction, awesome dry traction, decent wear. i went to the Hankook RS-2 and regret it.