Engine issues/smoke

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by feene1, Jun 23, 2009.

1. feene1

feene1 Member

Hey Everyone,

I have had some engine smoking issues over the last month. I added some Lucas oil additive to the oil supply and that worked, but today I noticed smoke and some oil burning.

Anyone recomend a place in Alpharetta that is mod friendly to take it to for checkup/compression test?

I am catless and not sure what ramifications I can run into taking it to a dealer. I am AP stg 2 with about 60k miles.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

TopSpeed if your just looking for a compression / Leakdown test.

SOK if you need to find a dealership that wont hate on the mods.

3. feene1

feene1 Member

I am guessing KingWRX at SOK?

I may do that, because I am wanting it towed. Dont feel very comfortable driving it now. Thank you for the advice.

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

you do realize that TopSpeed is off exit 12 on 400, right?

5. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

We are located in Duluth. Right near Alpharetta. We can do a Compression test for you if you need.

6. feene1

feene1 Member

I do. If it needs more than a test I will be gone for a week on vacation and would like to have the car in one place instead of two.

Stupid as it may seem.

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Not trying to dog SOK, but Topspeed can do anything SOK for probably a little cheaper. I wouldn't hesitate to let Topspeed do work on my car. The two mechanics at Topspeed probably have more experience on Suby's than some of the mechanics at Subaru Dealers.

8. feene1

feene1 Member

I dont doubt anyones ability. This just happened at the worst possible time. I have a flight tomorrow and had to make a descision. Just had to pull the trigger. Murphy's law will always bite you in the ass.

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

hate to hear this.

I'd take my car to any of the 3 shops mentioned. Just pick one and go with it.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It could be something as simple as the seals in the turbo are blown. They are known for doing that.