Update on my broke arm

Discussion in 'General Community' started by slowwrx, Jul 12, 2009.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

First thanks to Sanders for giving me a ride back to wally world.

Thanks to everyone else that called or texted to check on me.

For those that don't know, I went up to the mountains to meet up with everyone and Drew and myself were running late as usual. To make a long story short I went down in some gravel on the Motard. Bike is a little tweaked, my wrist is probably broken, however...I'm not dead and having the right gear on saved me for sure, I flipped down a rock filled ditch for about 30 or 40 feet and theres not a scratch on me except for the broken wrist, my helmet is trashed and my pants and my boots took a beating as well, they were worth every penny.

I'm headed to the doctor in the AM Ill update this thread after that.

Matt

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

damn, sounds like it could have been real nasty. Glad you are fine.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Glad to hear you are alright! I was wondering why I didn't see any pics of you in the other thread. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you heal up.

4. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Wow, three cheers for being a responsible rider and wearing the proper safety gear. Sorry to hear man. Really glad you're alright other than the wrist.

5. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Wow I'm glad you're alright.

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

dude, you need to stabilize that wrist by going to the hospital...you could do some serious damage if you sleep on it wrong.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

WOW! glad you are mostly okay!

8. slowwrx

Talked to my sports med buddy, he told me how to take care of it I've got an appointment at 830am

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

does it involve shots of tequila?

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

Didn't hear about this. Good luck. Glad to hear it wasn't more serious.

11. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I'm so glad your ok. and that you weren't alone when it happened.

Always wear gear. road rash takes a sec and will scare you for life.

12. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Yeah, we were cruising along (I was in front, the vette was in back), we hit the u-turns right at Wolf Pen (just past where the cop always sits), I took a turn and noticed nobody was behind me...

Scary stuff, but all in all lucky. His gear definitely saved his ass, and those motards are pretty stout. We pulled it out of the ditch and drove it to Vogel, all that messed up was the fairings and handle bars

btw - 500 miles in 48 hours on my bike in full gear is HOT and not very comfortable...it was also the first time I've taken her to the mountains...and the first time I've ever driven with the pavement wet. All in all, I was pretty impressed...I never felt squirrelly or anything, bike / tires always felt planted.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  13. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

wow I had no idea this happened. glad to hear you're okay!!

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

Will take hot and uncomfortable over sitting in the ER having gravel scrubbed out of my ass any day. Now do a boy scout splint on that wrist if you're going to wait overnight, a bone chip in the wrong place can do some nasty damage. Hope all goes well in the morning for you. Give me a call when everything settles down.

15. 07Ltd#767

or just do like his brother said and rub some vagisil on that little bruise and walk it off

16. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Oh shiz! I didn't know about this. Glad you're going to recover! And now that's your bike is scratched you can ride the piss out of it on the track and not worry about messing it up. :)

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

Now that theres a funny

18. slowwrx

the wife says motorcycles are dangerous....

when we got homr she said "you smell"

I said that smell is danger...it comes out my danger gland

The great thing about Beth is that she didnt even mention selling the bike

19. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

You got yourself a keeper there Matt!

20. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

:rofl: -- danger gland

Glad to hear you're okay!

21. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

wow, that turned out okay given the situation. Here's to a speedy recovery.

22. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Glad to see your OK!

23. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

what an awesome wife, glad you didn't bust your danger gland

24. slowwrx

just got back from the doctor....Broken radius sitting about a1\4 inc from where it should be...he put that back into place....that hurt a lot

he asked what i had taken for pain and when i said 8 advil he laughed.

i have been hurt a lot from various stupid things and sports when i was younger...this is the worst by far

but now ihave vicodin so the day should be getting better

25. 07Ltd#767

^^^

btw - as I was talking to Beth on the phone she was laughing at his 'pink' cast, I heard Matt in the background screaming 'IT'S NOT PINK, IT'S CHERRY BLOSSOM RED' :rofl:

26. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Lol, glad to hear you are not seriously injured.

27. slowwrx

yeah could have been much worse....thanks guys

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

Lol at cherry blossom red. Get an STi symbol sprayed on it

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Glad to hear you're fine.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  30. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hey Ball can you confirm this report I was just reading today?

Swearing can make you feel better, lessen pain

Cut your finger? Hurt your leg? Start swearing. It might lessen the pain.

Researchers from the school of psychology at Britain's Keele University have found swearing can make you feel better as it can have a "pain-lessening effect," according to a study published in the journal NeuroReport.

Colleagues Richard Stephens, John Atkins and Andrew Kingston, set out to establish if there was any link between swearing and physical pain.

"Swearing has been around for centuries and is an almost universal human linguistic phenomenon," says Stephens.

"It taps into emotional brain centers and appears to arise in the right brain, whereas most language production occurs in the left cerebral hemisphere of the brain. Our research shows one potential reason why swearing developed and why it persists."

Their study involved 64 volunteers who were each asked to put their hand in a tub of ice water for as long as possible while repeating a swear word of their choice.

They then repeated the experiment using a more commonplace word that they would use to describe a table.

The researchers found the volunteers were able to keep their hands in the ice water for a longer when swearing, establishing a link between swearing and an increase in pain tolerance.

Stephens said it was not clear how or why this link existed but it could be because swearing may increase aggression.

"What is clear is that swearing triggers not only an emotional response, but a physical one too, which may explain why the centuries-old practice of cursing developed and still persists today," he said.

So... Is it true?

31. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

32. slowwrx

fuck yes

33. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

34. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah Matt I'm glad it wasn't worse for you man!

And nice Foch with the cherry bloosm red cast :locked:

35. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I've got a "It's not Pink, it's Mad Tight JDM Subaru STi Cherry Blossom Red" sticker for you :D

Siegel

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

And I wonder where you got that from? :unamused:

37. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ouch, glad to hear you are okay!

38. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Bring that cast over here and we'll customize it. I bought a trailer for my SM... If you want to go watch me play let me know.

39. slowwrx

yeah i want to go for sure

imthinking about building a cr250 frame with a 500cc two stoke motor....i need to be able to crash faster

40. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

500cc two stoke motor

you are insane

41. slowwrx

yeah i want to put a cr500 motor in it....should bed sick

42. b reel

b reel Active Member

Got a 750SOHC punched to 836cc sitting on the chopper frame if you really want to go big...it's a lot mass to haul ass, hardtail style

43. schneid

schneid Member

or just buy my 600rr.

glad to hear you didnt get too beat up

44. slowwrx

no sport bikes for me...if i had wrecked a sport bike like that it would have been totalled

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

For sure. To much plastic and crap.