The White Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wow don't I need to update this thread. Many things new. More power, faster times, new 10th St JDM lights, new exterior, new interior, and more importantly new setup soon to be here.

So what is the new setup?
    Built 2.5L, GT35R with Tial .62 hotside, Coolrex Engineering custom rotated kit, Coolrex Engineering 10 gallon methanol tank (already installed), and a few other tidbits here and there. And of course as always tuned by SS at Topspeed.

Goal is to have the new setup in and done by Christmas of 2009.....we will see if it happens or not.

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

cant wait.:eek:hnoes:

4. Figment

Figment Member

wow that is clean!

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You should see it now. I'll get some pics up when it's cleaned up and in decent condition.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well Project 2.5L is in full swing.

Here's the 2.5L with the WRX heads slapped on for storage. Thanks to the Siegel for the block and LiquidForce for some EXCELLENT heads. LiquidForce sold me the heads and I tell you he doesn't lie when he tells you what something is. Most heads have core shift bad....this one is VERY minimal and only on 1 port.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drivers side head with guts all individually bagged.
    [​IMG]

Individually bagged springs, retainers, clips, and buckets with the bucket size labeled. Soon as my mic gets in I'm double checking the bucket sizes. I don't play or cut corners.....this is getting done RIGHT.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crappy EJ257 pistons soon to be replaced with 99.75 CP goodness.
    [​IMG]

Tonight the block will be torn down.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Today's Hybrid build pics.....

STi pistons.....they were FLAWLESS which is good because that means the block is healthy
    [​IMG]

Not a scratch or anything on the cylinder walls
    [​IMG]

Block halves and the crank all split
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crank
    [​IMG]

All the crank journals looked like this...no scratches or gouges
    [​IMG]

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Why did you decide on CP pistons?

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Two reasons
    1) They are great pistons. If they are good enough for Lucy and Doug's personal car they are good enough for me.
    2) They are one of the only companies that makes a 99.75 piston. 100mm is a no no as it means you can't rebuild the block again without sleeving.

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

...it is so clean!

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah WJM told me that crank is the CLEANEST and absolutely the best looking used crank he has ever seen. He said the stock 08 STi that had 5K miles on it that he just pulled apart looked worse. And this donor engine had 35K miles on it. Who ever owned that car took DARN good care of it!

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Updates....

Head flaws have been cleaned up and the heads have been hottanked and cleaned. They are ready for full assembly when I get all the stuff next week.

Block will be traveling with me to Atlanta next week to get the fitted for the CP pistons. I have 100% confirmed I will be running Topspeed spec ring gaps after much deliberation and aggravating Doug and Scott about it (thanks guys for putting up with the many questions and undecisiveness).

Got a Killerb oil pan.....what a nice piece. Stock pickup tubes?? Heck no I ain't blowing up my motor....Killerb pickup tube FTW! This thing looks TOUGH!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far I'm on schedule. Week of Aug 25th-30th is planned for the swapping of engines.

13. midnight302

midnight302 New Member

14. Alex

Saw the tube and pan in person last night, they look extremely well done!

15. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Nice to finally meet you in person. Good luck with the new turbo.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah it was great meeting you finally!

More pics

Smurf????
    [​IMG]

WOAH!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of parts....and I put the head gaskets there temp for the pic.....I'm not stupid to leave them like that to get damaged ;)
    [​IMG]

Block is machined for the 99.75mm pistons and ready for assembly. Lot of work left to do.

Oh and I am not using that compressor housing. Waiting on a FP anti-surge compressor housing but it's the same size ;)

17. integroid

Such a cute LITTLE turbo:)

Damn you are ugly!

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's not what your girlfriend said. :rofl::rofl:

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

don't let his wife know!

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The gf said that too! :rofl::wiggle::cool:

21. integroid

nah, it's all good....I don't mind sharing my GF since I am married and all:)

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:rofl:

On a better note I hope these storms in the tropics don't mess with the weather too much. I've got an engine to assemble.

23. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Assembling the engine outside?

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No no no but my shop is outside away from the house and we've been having an issue with the power coming off during heavy rain. Power company keeps finding bad transformers and are working on it but yeah it sucks a lot.

25. Alex

:eek:hsnap:

26. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:squint:

almost

27. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Progress made today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The smurf look TGV deletes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

we painted 420's turbo the same color!!

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Bam JDM! EJ205 is out and on the carport floor.

Now time to assemble the EJ257 tomorrow.:wiggle::clap::sx::naughty:

32. MrVito

MrVito Member

nice!

33. Alex

Saweet!

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Motor is 95% fully assembled. Will be ready to drop in tomorrow but I'm gonna wait till the Group N engine mounts come in. Much easier to install them that way. Also got to wait on the 4 to 3 coupler for the turbo to intake. Also have to get a little welding done for some custom stuff. Getting there slowly but surely.

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

She's ready to drop in once my Group N engine mounts come in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

that is one sexy beast.

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm tempted to do the same blue on the turbo compressor housing but I will wait. Don't want too much blue going on.

38. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

too late ;)

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Whatcha saying? Too much blue now? LOL. At least it's functional....it's a dispersant ;)

40. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Just kidding on the too blue. I like it as long as you don't do the timing belt covers.

If I could have sold the sti intake manifold I had I was going to get my intake, tgv's and valve covers all anodizied gunmetal blue.

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Never heard of gunmetal blue!

42. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Looks good Delette! Can't wait to see what #'s you get.

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Don't expect too much. 430ish on meth injection I will guessimate. I only have Sti cams.

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Motor is dropping in tonight or tomorrow I hope! ;)

Breaking it in, then I have to decide when to get it tuned.

45. em1toevo

em1toevo Member

Do a lot of Subaru owners run meth?

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes they do and a lot of Evos do too.

47. em1toevo

em1toevo Member

I have known a few Evo owners that ran meth. However, they always seemed to run into problems. I'm kinda wary of it. I can't afford to rebuild right now if I broke something.

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

All that is left is for me to fab up an intake which will be a full 3 1/2 intake into the fender well if it will fit. No MAF housing will be needed as I'm using a blow thru setup. I may have to modify the exhaust a little but it won't need too much altering.

49. Slow Hatch

Slow Hatch Member

That blue is sexy :bowdown: Need to see some pics of it in to decide if its tooo much though lol

50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Engine slid into place tonight. Tomorrow I'll bolt it all up and get even closer to cranking it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.