Brake replacement / upgrade

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Davidwrx, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I replaced my rotors / pads yesterday. Used Hawk HPS pads and did the H6 rear upgrade. I got the brackets at autozone for $25 each. Fit great. I did get Brembo front rotors as they handle most of the load.

I used a Motive power bleeder and it made bleeding a snap! Flushed with ATE blue.

I am happy with the H6 upgrade. Less nosedive for sure. Not so thrilled with the Hawk HPS. Was hoping for a bit more bite. Maybe they will improve. I did bed them per instructions. Overall very sastifying work!

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

Great job man! If you want more bite the HP+ will deliver ...but are much much louder!

3. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Thanks. I may try the HP+ on the front if I can find a deal. The appear used from time to time here or NASIOC.

4. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

i just got them new for 95

5. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Where? Do you have the fronts and rear?

6. davo 1979

davo 1979 Member

hey i got my hawk hps pads at pepboys for 30 bucks every website sells them for like 70 just to let every one know .

7. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

That is a heck of a deal. I paid 80 front and 70 rear. Do they sell the HP+ too?

8. davo 1979

davo 1979 Member

dont know on the hp . but when i heard the price i bought them quick its the same part number as all the web sites the hps # was the hb352f d721 hps

9. davo 1979

davo 1979 Member

they stop realy good with the dba slotted rotors

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Never was a fan of the HPS pads. I enjoy the HP+, but they can be noisy at slow speeds.

11. davo 1979

davo 1979 Member

are the hp+ more agressive

12. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

i was happy with the EBC greenstuff. they were decent street pads. not sure on the prices on those. as i havent shopped for them recently. but its an alternative to consider. i think the redstuff are their hp+ comparables