Looking for struts for an '04 WRX with an STi Block

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by feebnap, Oct 7, 2009.

1. feebnap

feebnap New Member

I know it's not for another few months, but I'm thinking of getting my boyfriend some STi Pink struts for his WRX. All of the ones that I'm finding online don't seem legit. What can I expect to pay? Link me or throw me a price, please. Thanks.

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Do you want just a block, or a shortblock(partially assembled motor) or a long block (fully assembled motor)

The struts I'm not really sure about.

3. feebnap

feebnap New Member

I'm not sure which of those it'll fall under, but it's got a 2.5L STi block.

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

do you have a sister?

you're not looking for an engine, right? you just want to buy a set of struts for his car?

are you dead set on sti struts? you can find takeoffs for not a whole lot of money. new will set you back some $$ that could buy a better set of aftermarket struts

5. feebnap

feebnap New Member

Haha, no sister. I'd like to keep it the STi, unless I can find some good aftermarket ones.

6. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

Look around for some take-offs or ask some local Sube oriented shops for take offs. I found two set of used struts on NASIOC for cheap. I found some 04 struts and used those housings with 06 inserts. Voila, new (less than 30K miles) struts for half of new retail!

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

btw, take offs mean they were removed from the car for upgraded pieces