installing springs problem

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mrWRXdude89, Nov 16, 2009.

1. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

ok i have a few questions for you guys.

i just bought springs and i have no problems taking out the strut assembly or anything and i got the spring on fine. compressed it and what not. but my question is...i ant get the assembly with the new springs back in place to put the camber bolts through. its like the strut needs to be compressed or the hub to come down more. i dont know what to do. ive tried crow bars and everything. any advice? i used the write up on iwsti but still didnt help. im not using air tools by the way (i know i know im an idiot but its working fine).

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

shouldn't be a problem. the knuckle assembly should move freely and you would actually have to lift it up to meet the bottom of the strut and thread the two bolts in

take a picture

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Do yourself a favor and disconnect the endlinks from both sides. More than likely the swaybar is preventing you from being able to lower the knuckle to match it up.

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I don't see how the knuckle is that high. if there's no strut installed it should be WAY past horizontal

5. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

I have no idea if the OP has after market sways or not; however, I have seen it be an issue with a beefy front sway. Nevertheless, it would be about a 10 minute effort (if that) to see if it is the case.

6. gte123v

gte123v Member

I bet you only jacked up one side of the car to install the springs one side at a time. Don't do that, either jack the whole car up or do the fronts and then the rears.

7. Alex

Also a valid thought.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

ding ding... I think we have the answer...

9. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yep.. I would put 10-1 that only one side is jacked up so the sway is causing an issue.

10. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

wow thanks guys. as soon as i jacked up the other side, it slid right in. thanks a lot.

11. Alex

Well done sir :)

12. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

i got the fronts in...it was getting late so im doin the rears tomorrow. meagan springs btw. not to bad of a drop for 130 bucks. well see how she rides.

13. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

thats what she said

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ beat me too it... lol

15. Alex

Homosexual undertones? :rofl: