p0171

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by keithwrx, Nov 24, 2009.

1. keithwrx

keithwrx New Member

well it all started when i cleaned my maf or i thought i did. like most people new to cleaning a maf i just sprayed the temp sensor reinsatalled it with no change ( i know now:hsnono: ). anyway i called up Mike@Sargent Power and he walked me thro doing it right, reinstalled it and drove around for about 10 min. and cel came on and it was a p0171 ( lean bank 1 ). i checked the forms to see what might make this happen, the odd thing is i only removed the maf from my intake. the car has been protuned for three years so i know its not my cai. i checked the voltage out put of my maf ( engine on @ idling ) 1.25 volts. i also looked at all vaccuum lines none of them were off or bent. im in north carolina right now and dont know anyone up here with a wrx to try and barrow their maf, i will be back in georgia ( woodstock ) for thanksgiving any help would be great. thanks to everyone.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

what part of North Carolina? I know some people in random parts of the state that might could help you out.

3. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

If you created a leak between maf and turbo it will actually run lean... Check to make sure that the hose clamps are tight on the accordion piece.

Siegel

4. keithwrx

keithwrx New Member

jacksonville nc. ( 2pt5RS )

i checked the hose clamps this morning they are tight ( scott )

thank both of you.

5. Matt

thanks Keith. Jacksonville is not one of my areas that I specifically know someone. I did post up on NASIOC for you so hopefully you will get something soon!

6. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I had the same thing a month ago. Mine was a combination of MAF being dirty, and not cleaning it properly, and my airbox was not locking properly because of my K&N filter, and my lack of knowledge. Haven't had my light come on for 3 weeks now.

7. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Also check the turbo inlet tube...not sure if I mentioned that or not. But they are famous for cracking around where it slides on the turbo.

8. keithwrx

keithwrx New Member

i did check it, its a perrin inlet tube

9. Matt

looks like he may have gotten it taken care of. Keith, is that true?

10. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Don't think so, talked to him yesterday. Think he is unsure if it is fixed or not.

11. keithwrx

keithwrx New Member

the car did a little better and i did not get the p071 cel, however the car still feels like it is runing lean. im going to try to get a new maf and se if that helps.