Advice on buying a car cover for an STi.

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by EJ25RUN, Dec 16, 2009.

1. EJ25RUN

EJ25RUN New Member

I've had my car for 3 years and its sat in a garage for pretty much all of it.

I moved to Daytona to live on my school's campus so the car has to sit outside. I'm tired of the rain and whatever else being exposed to my car.

I went to Pep Boys today to see the car covers they had but none really seemed made for a car with a huge rear wing. I don't want an Suv sized one.

I'd like to spend less than $100.00 but i'll look at ones worth considering that are more.

Anyways, if you have an STi/EVO with a car cover, what are you using and are you happy with it?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

3. EJ25RUN

EJ25RUN New Member

Price on that one isn't bad. I'll look if they have one for the STI since those appear to be for wagons. (Or is it one for all Impreza's?)

edit, After i looked though, i think the wagon would be best for the STi's wing since the sedan ones state "not for sti."

I'll prolly get this one. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted

There is only 1 specific cover for the sti that compensates for the wing. I bought it 6 years ago for over 250$ from stratmosphere. And it was well worth it.

A new paint job is more expensive than you think :)

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the wagon cover will work just fine for your STi. Actually, it would be a little more than needed, but will do exactly what you need