MegaSquirt PnP

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by renegade, Aug 28, 2009.

1. renegade

renegade Member

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t114341-megasquirt-pnp-opportunity.html#post1780352

This is quoted from RS25. I don't know who owns any older Subaru on here or a non Access Port available ECU. These guys are located in Atlanta and said they will make it worth while to bring in your car so they can get the wiring harness done. It also will help the rest of the Subaru community for people who go this route for tuning the older Subarus.

Thanks if you help out in this.

2. renegade

renegade Member

I see that people have viewed this thread but have not replied.

Well I have an update on if you want to help out the subaru community in getting a Mega Sqirt 3 stand alone engine management system. Here is the details from RS25.com:

This is the update on what they've been doing to accommodate us Subaru guys who want a cheaper and easier way to tune. I don't know if it'll be cheaper than a COBB AP but it is a standalone and may have some more features than the COBB AP does. Plus all the RS guys who want a way to tune out their N/A motor will have the opportunity.

Please if you have the time and want to help us out that would be awesome. Like he said he will make it well worth the effort so send him an email or whatever.

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

bump for RS guys. shring?

4. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've known Jerry at DIYAutotune for years, he and I drive his Turbo Miata at Autocross. Matt and Jerry are great guys and there products are fantastic.

Me, Jerry and WJM fitted a MSII to his old RXturbo for a Subiesport article I wrote a few years ago.

Someone should jump on this.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I-Speed/Crawford also make a pnp ecu for the RS. Its only $400...now I have more to think about...

ah, and I emailed them. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  6. renegade

renegade Member

Awesome how is your RS BTW? I have a 99 RS RBP and remember that I missed you during one of the Mountain runs up in Dahalonega. This was a year ago and I'm now in Colorado Springs but hope to return to GA in about another year or so. I wish I was still down there to make the mountain runs with you guys. Good times all around. I hope this happens since I'm planning a monster N/A build and want a good stand alone that doesn't cost 1,500 or whatever it is. Thanks :D

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Renegade:

I used to live in the Springs, over by the Air Force Academy and Focus on the Family buildings.

I don't miss the weather but I do miss the hiking.

8. Matt

I could have sworn that we met up either there or somewhere else...did you make it to an Andretti meet once or something?

Like I said before, Crawford is doing some stuff too and it's competitively priced:

http://store.crawfordperformance.com/store/categories/66

http://store.crawfordperformance.com/store/categories/249

Car is running good and strong. :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  9. renegade

renegade Member

Oh yeah I remember when you came down the hill to the BBQ and your exhaust was loud as hell. I loved it. I only met you for a brief moment though. Then left before the afternoon driving. I've picked up a bunch of stuff for my RS. Injen CAI, Prodrive shift knob and 04 STi BBS wheels some other small stuff as well. Waiting on a swap so I can start my N/A build and drop it into another older impreza chassis.

I will check out Crawford and see what they have to offer. I know Crawford is top knotch good stuff, so I will have to see what the Mega Squirt has to offer and go from there.

10. Matt

nice!

I added more stuff too....they are in my journal. :)

11. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

email sent

12. renegade

renegade Member

The hold up on the PnP setup is the connectors. The last word in the thread on RS25.com was they are waiting on the connectors.

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

14. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

early models are not listed as being compatable.

15. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

If this is still under development, I have an early EJ20G harness and ECU laying around. They are for a car with coil on plug ignition rather than the normal coil pack as the early Legacy/Impreza have. PM me for details if anyone is interested.

16. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

If you want to get in touch with them, they're pretty active on mx5atl.

17. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

I don't have my Legacy anymore, just wanting to help folks out who do, and perhaps get rid of a few parts in the process =)