New guy in Kennesaw

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zakkkaliscious, Jan 6, 2010.

1. zakkkaliscious

zakkkaliscious New Member

I recently traded my rb25 240 with full aero for a 2004 wrx. It's java on black leather.

My plans are skidplates and mudflaps. Some supension work. Full exhaust. Cobb stage 2 ecu. Maybe a Sti turbo. And a louder bov >.<

Does anyone know why my Fob won't work? The light on it comes on but it doesn't unlock anything.

2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

First welcome... You traded smokey burnouts for traction, nice.

FOB sounds like maybe it isn't programed to your car? I'm not sure how to reprogram though. My car didn't come with one, so it was a pain when it was raining to get in or out because I couldn't use the power locks when the door was open. I saved up and purchased an alarm. I'm sure if nothing else that Subaru of Kennesaw on Barrett could reprogram it, but there are a bunch of people on here that I'm sure can chime in.

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Welcome! Yes talk to steven king at SOK kingwrex here on the site. He will take great care of you!

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Welcome!

Check out Primitive racing for your skidplates. And not that you would, but don't launch or E-brake your car. STi's get to do all that fun stuff because the tranny and axles are twice as strong, but we will blow something up. :(

5. zakkkaliscious

I was looking at primitives plates I like them alot.

I picked up the car in Indiana last weekend. It was snowing so I was doing some huge slides around the empty parking lots. Lol

thanks for the warm welcome guys.

6. Welcome, the fob programing is pretty funny. You can call Subaru and sometimes they will give you the process. Its like..."cycle ignition on and off 5 times, open the driver door, hit the fob button, cycle key 3 more times....." Its seriously funny, when I did it on my car I was laughing so hard that I screwed it up like ten times.

7. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Welcome. Pics of 240?

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i had to do this when the battery died in mine. your battery may be on the way out. it is a goofy process. pretty sure its on nasioc somewhere. either way, don't pay a stealership the $75 they charge to do it

and welcome!!

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Check your manual for how to program your remote. It is an easy process and as Cicio put it, it is kind of humorous :)

Welcome and congratulations! :wavey:

10. zakkkaliscious

I tried the reprograming intructions in the manual. They won't work. I cycle the ignition 10 times between lock and on but the horn doesn't sound.

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Welcome! Good luck with your fob. Also, make sure you do some research before you change your BOV... subies are designed for a ton of recirc so make sure you buy the right one AND get a tune.

12. zakkkaliscious

here is my old 240.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

is that the QT on cobb parkway in kennesaw?

14. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Welcome to the forum! I live right on the border of Kennesaw and Marietta. :)

15. zakkkaliscious

Yep.

Sharif, I've seen your shop a bunch. Some sick cars man. Living the dream.

16. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Welcome to the community!

17. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome! Those java black cars are nice. That was what I was looking for when I got mine, but I just could not find one reasonably priced.

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yeah I live about a mile from that gas station

19. Kris

Kris Member

Welcome Zack! (or is it Zach?...whatever) :) Glad to see you're here and enjoying your Surbaru.

20. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Dang, that 240 is low! Did the exhaust fall off?

Looks good, looks like time for drifting!!!

21. zakkkaliscious

Lol. It had an exhaust it's just hidden under the bumper. It wasn't too low. Front wheels scrubbed though.