Newb from Newnan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RotorNutFD3S, Jan 5, 2010.

1. RotorNutFD3S

RotorNutFD3S New Member

Hello all, my name is Eric and I'm located down in Newnan. I currently own a pretty heavily-modified 1995 GT2871R-powered Miata which I am in the process of parting out since modified cars are not selling so well as a whole these days. Before that I had a turbo '02 Saturn SL sedan and prior to that a few FC and FD RX7s, hence the screen name. Basically I'm a turbo junky, love modifying cars and doing my own work, and like to build cars that aren't seen everyday.

After everything is said and done with my partout I'll be interested in getting a clean, unmolested bugeye for a daily driver, whether it be a sedan or wagon. I'm also very impressed by the 2.5RS my friend (Dempsey on here) recently bought even though I haven't seen it in person yet (that changes tomorrow), so that's a possibility too, even though that particular car is currently non-turbo. I've always liked WRXs (helped build 2 STis) and especially love the exhaust note of the boxer engines, it's very addicting. Whatever I get for a daily will not get many mods however as my new project car is an LSx V8-powered Miata, so all available funds will be directed towards that.

So for now I'm here to sit back, read, and research and get to know the community. Just in case anyone wants to see, here's the current Miata:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

that miata is hott. how much you trying to sell it for?

3. RotorNutFD3S

RotorNutFD3S New Member

The asking price was $12k OBO. I can post a full mod list, it's not your average bolt-on turbo kit Miata. Lots of time, parts, thought, and money invested. Some minor parts have been removed, the engine is out, but I can quickly reverse that step. :)

*edit* Actually, the full mod list and the build "journal" is contained within my CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2562850

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Welcome!

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah it looks like it was done right. shame no one has that much cash on hand anymore. super clean anyways

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Wowww. Very very nice. The Miata is looking nice. A few years back, I was never really a fan of them, but later in the years, I've grown to appreciate the style of them. And welcome to the boards.

7. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Welcome to the boards!

8. RotorNutFD3S

RotorNutFD3S New Member

Thanks again for reminding me to sign up!

I know, I really had hoped that someone else could get it as a whole and enjoy it as much as I have. But it looks like it's parts will be benefiting quite a few other people now instead.

Thanks! It was the same way for me, then I bought my mom one for her birthday, got to drive it occasionally, and decided when my Saturn was rear ended and totaled that it should be my next car. They're fun cars right out of the box.

Thank You!

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to our community :wavey:

10. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

My '99 2.0WRS is about to be for sale ;)

Siegel

11. Welcome!! Good luck with the sale and getting a bugeye. Sounds like you'll have lots of fun with it!

12. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

welcome... very nice miata... i work down in newnan a good bit on sr34 and see alot of miata's running around... seen one or two with front mounts.. never seen yours though... cant wait to see the lsx miata man!

13. RotorNutFD3S

RotorNutFD3S New Member

Thanks! I help run MX5Atlanta.com, it's funny how many ----Atlanta.com forums there are.

After talking to you, I will keep your car in mind when the time comes and if you still have it, it's a little more modded than what I'm looking for as a daily, but it could work. :)

I hope to! Thanks!

As do I, at Yamaha. I don't doubt you've seen others in the area, I've probably helped build them. :) Thanks!

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Funny how few "---Atlanta.com" forums there were several years back.

15. RotorNutFD3S

RotorNutFD3S New Member

Also very true.

16. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome! Bugeyes FTW! Well, except their ecu being a pain at times and the 02 transmissions. Even such I love mine!

17. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Welcome! I'm out in Newnan every so often!

18. Dempsey

Dempsey Member

Sharp looking Miata! ;)

19. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Welcome!!!!

20. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

Clean Miata! Welcome aboard!

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Make sure all the electrical gremlins were fixed in that car. While driving it you used to have to have the emergency brake up a click to get the speedo to work.

Oh and that Miata is nice....I like it.