Lil Talladega, March 12th, Friday

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Nemesis Digital, Feb 5, 2010.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I guess Desi doesnt like to post in here anymore?

2. I just think hes been busy. An EvoAtlanta member is running this one though.

Im bringing some of my world famous burgers to this so that should be incentive enough. :cool: :drool:

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm guessing he doesn't like us anymore..

darn

4. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Hey guys, Planning a Track Day on March 12th, at Talladega Gran Prix. I'm currently working on getting the details from the track owners.

This is supposed to be fun not meant to be competitive!!!

So far I know:
    We Need 15 people to make this happen!
    Cost-$135 per driver
    Everyone must have a helmet.

This is an excellent course for beginners and first time track goers because of it's long runoffs and short straights, 100+ mph. Don't be fooled however, the course is very demanding and requires your full attention at all times. I have not mastered that blasted decreasing radius turn!

Official timings will not take place however drivers are free to time themselves.

Requirements to run TGP are as follows:
    1) Long pants and closed toe shoes
    2) Snell 95/M2000 or higher rated helmet
    3) No loose cabling or car body parts
    4) Car numbers (will be assigned day of event if you don't already have some, Painters tape work fine)

$135 will get you a full day of track time and will get you a minimum of 2.5 hours of seat time. Estimated seat time this year will be closer to 3 hours.

A total of 10 spots are currently available.

Those attending need to be at the track no later than 7:00am Central time. Tech inspection will start once the gates are open and the driver's meet will start at 7:45am. *If you miss the driver's meet and/or tech inspection, your track sessions will be delayed until it is taken care of.

Attending:

Chintan- Evo (bolt on)- PAID
    Sunny Modi- MSP3 (stock)- PAID
    Durgy-Acura Rl PAID
    Nemesis's- Mustang GT - PAID
    ycmag2282- Skyline R35 - PAID
    Kevin-2.4 evo/ 600whp+ - PAID
    Ted Wood-91 civic - PAID
    Mike Lowrey- Lotus Elise- PAID
    Mike- STI- (Stock)
    Trent- 240SX
    Kenneth- EVO Or STI (stock)
    Ant- STI (Bolt ons)
    matt - mazda mx6
    Veeral- Lexus IS F
    umair-03 mini S
    simontibbett - e30

Track Website:
    http://www.tgprace.com/index.htm

Deadline:
    Feb 1st- Let me know for sure if your down
    Feb 12st - Deposit money

paypal dilhaitumhara319@yahoo.com thanks!

GENERAL TRACK RULES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS.

1. ALL autos using the race track will keep all four wheels on the asphalt at ALL times. Dropping wheels off the pavement, at the entrance , apex or exit of the turns will not be permitted. First time all 4 wheels off the track return to pitout for instructions. You lose your passenger privilege. Second time all 4 wheels off your track day is over. NO DRIFTING!
    2. No loud or racing engines to be run before 8:00am or after 5:00pm, also Sunday 11:00am to 12:00 noon. Quiet time during lunch break.
    3. No open pipes
    4. Vehicles will be allowed on track only while an ambulance is standing by and ready to respond immediately, during events requiring an ambulance
    5. No alcohol consumption during the hot track hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
    6. No pets allowed in any building.
    7. All pet must be on a leash at all times
    8. No standing or sitting on hot pit wall.
    9. No loitering on hot pit road
    10. All children must be supervised at all times
    11. No children under 16 year old on hot pit road during the hot track hours
    12. Post no bills on any surface except for designated bulletin boards
    13. Speed limit in the pit and paddock area is 10mph
    14. No burnouts, spinning tires or throwing stones in the paddock area
    15. The lessee will be responsible for any damage to the track surface or facility in any manner
    16. Only vehicles of comparable performance on the track at same time.
    17. No refueling or oil changing on any asphalt surface
    18. Any oil or fuel spill must be cleaned up immediately
    19. Any vehicle with any fluid leaks will not be allowed on the track surface until repaired
    20. The lessee is responsible for all medical services
    21. K&K Ins. waivers are the only waivers to be used without prior approval
    22. Property will be vacated by 7:00pm on the last day of the contracted event
    23. Lessee will provide a minimum of 1 hour lunch break for the ambulance and safety crew
    24. No motorized vehicle allowed on the track after hot track hours
    25. The race track will be one way traffic at all times
    26. Lessee will be responsible to supply an acceptable number of safety crew as per type of event
    27. All pit bike and A.T.V. riders will wear a helmet
    28. All rider/drivers will wear proper helmet, racing suits, boots and gloves designed for high performance pavement riding/driving
    29. Lessee will be responsible to define and enforce adequate vehicle technical standards for high performance pavement riding/driving
    30. No glycol base coolants allowed in any track bike

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010