Cutting 2007 STi Fenders

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by 07Ltd#767, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Been searching and reading up on this for a few days now and this site is by far the best I've come across.

http://t3hclap.com/archives/49

Some of you may have already seen this, but I searched on here, IWSTI and Nabisco and it was surprising difficult to find any 'How To's' for this subject. I'll be documenting mine as I go so I can post up a little later on how things turn out.

FWIW, I'm attempting to fit 265/35/18 tires on 18x9 +40 offset wheels on stock suspension (29/27 sways). I plan on using camber plates on the front and lower control arms on the rear to get -2.5/-1.8 camber after alignment.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Drew (t3h_clap)'s writeup is great. You can always send him a PM on IW if you run into any issues.

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Im running almost exactly the same setup as you down to tire size. only difference is im running 18x8.5 08 sti wheels. I only ever get light rubbing at full lock in one direction with more towards posative camber than you.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What's the offset on the stock wheels though?

5. 07Ltd#767

i believe it's +57, iirc

6. 07Ltd#767

and how did you get that to fit on an 8.5" rim? these tires are already a good 2" wider than my 9" wheels

*edit*
    I'm running 265 neovas, which are comparable to 275/285s in other brands...they run much wider than advertised for some reason

7. crash#2

crash#2 Member

his car sits retardedly high for an sti...

...retardedly high.

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I used to fit 275 wide V710s on the 8 inch stock 05 STi rim...