New to the Subaru community

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sobe_death, Mar 1, 2010.

1. sobe_death

sobe_death New Member

Hey guys what's up? I just got a Subaru last weekend, and don't know much about them except what I have worked on with my buddies' '05 WRX. Though I have been building and tuning my Hondas and your odd Chrysler and Suzuki since I started driving :eek:hnoes: haha. whatever. It was time for a new kind of beast in my life.

Anyway, some of you might recognize my "new" car.

This past Saturday I picked up a mostly purple 93 Legacy SS with 201k miles on the clock. I have been driving it for 2 days now and can easily say that I LOVE THIS CAR!! Easily the coolest beater I have ever owned. I will also be looking into a phase II parts swap to ditch the hydraulic lifters for roller rockers.

It desperately needs new shifter bushings and both motor mounts are completely separated, so yesterday I ordered the STi group N mounts and Turn in Concepts shifter bushings. There is also a serious fluid leak(I think power steering) in the engine bay leaking oil down onto the crossmember that needs to be tracked down.

Well, on to the pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's rough around the edges, but the interior is immaculate!! well, minus these little cuts in the seats...

[​IMG]

I think Ill be looking for some to replace those as all the foam is still pretty supportive.

That's all for now.

-Parker

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the community :wavey:

Do you have plans to paint the front end?

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome to the club...

4. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Welcome. You have a unique car for sure. Hit up 10th St JDM on here and he will absolutely hook you up with a killer interior if you want something nice.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome Parker!

I almost bought that very car last year. It should serve you well!

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome!

nice temp tag :keke:

8. Trey

Trey Active Member

Deja Vu? Welcome to the darkside!! :p

9. sobe_death

sobe_death New Member

haha yeah! I'm officially wrong-wheel-drive free! Also, took this thing down some gravel roads yesterday and the PTFB definitely owns these crappy all-season tires!

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

another has joined from the southside, welcome

11. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Welcome too WRX-ATL..... :wavey:

12. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Wow that ride is a blast from the past. Comes with some hidden stock goodies like a 3.90 final drive ratio and if you have a ej22T it's a fully closed deck! Should be a fun build!

Welcome

13. sobe_death

sobe_death New Member

Hey thanks guys! Breel, which part of Jonesboro are you in? I'm down in Lovejoy, right off Tara Blvd.

14. sobe_death

sobe_death New Member

oooohh yeah. I know the rear end is supposed to have a vlsd, but the label on the cover doesn't say LSD on it, just 3.90. Maybe I plan on doing phase II SOHC heads on it to get rid of these awful hydraulic lash adjusters and get some better ports in the process.

15. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Might want to talk to Breel about that!

16. steeleWRX

steeleWRX New Member

Welcome man. this is a kool car i saw it forsale on IA