Moving to Texas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Protocol, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Protocol

Protocol Member

Well, it's come that time I suppose. 30 years in Georgia and still not making the money that I really hoped that I would be, so I am moving to Austin, Texas. The tech industry there is enormous, and I've been offered a position that pays almost double what I make now! Sort of hard to turn something like that down you know. Oh the bright side, no more paying state income tax!

I'm going to miss everyone here in Atlanta for sure. All of my friends and family are here, so I definitely won't be a stranger in person or on the boards.

Sincerely,

Lee

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Good Luck!

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Well damn Lee, good luck to you in Texas its hard to turn down double what you are making for sure.

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Later Lee

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

GTFO

Ha - GL in Texas, dude

6. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I just spent the weekend in Austin! That place kicks so much ass... I hope that maybe I can move there sometime. Good luck!

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

GL and yes Austin ROCKS!

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

When are you....shoving off?

9. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Congrats and GL!

10. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Sweet! Now I've got a place to crash for Butt-numb-a-thon!

Good luck, Lee!

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to hear you found a great opportunity over there :)

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Congrats.

13. Protocol

Protocol Member

Hehe, I'm leaving May 6th, so it's a pretty abrupt move. Yeah, Austin is awesome though. Considered the lowest stress "metro area" to live and work" and has one of the lowest crime rates of any US city. I will be nice to get away from that crap here in Atlanta at least.

14. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Who is your new job with? I have a few friends working for National Instruments down there.

15. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

National Instruments? In Texas? With Texas Instruments? They've really got the market cornered.

16. ThatScottGuy

ThatScottGuy Member

I envy you! Been trying to move back out west for a while (most of my fam lives in NM) but my skill set is currently to narrow to find a comparable new job easily.

Best wishes.

17. Protocol

Protocol Member

Currently I have an offer with IBM, but I am also considering another company that creates gaming engines (like the Unreal Engine for instance with Epic). We will see which one I ultimate pick, but they are both in Austin so that is good!