DCCD Question

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by integroid, Apr 16, 2010.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Ok, so as you all probably know, I put a 05 STi 6speed in my Legacy. I believe without the DCCD controller it was a 40/60 split or something close to that. So I had to install a DCCD controller so I could get my car back on the dyno. Apparently the rear wheels were going like 6 mph faster than the front wheels without the controller. So I get the DCCD controller installed last night and was playing with locking it down. Doing circles the car would almost stall when the dccd was locked down. So my question is why on earth would I want the 50/50 split on daily driving? My car actually seems to handle better at the 40/60 split since it gives me a little more oversteer. I just dont see why the dccd controller is needed other than to get the car on the dyno.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

what controller are you using?

3. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Stablilty during hard acceleration.

4. integroid

I just got the cheap manual one from spiider. I only got it so I could lock the center diff to get my car back on the dyno.

5. integroid

That doesnt make any sense. Why would transferring power to the front give me better stability in a straightline hard acceleration? Unless it is going to help me with Race Gas coming out of a turn going full throttle in 3rd with the tires spinning.

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Subarus center diff is crap, thats why I took it out of my car

7. JD06REX

JD06REX New Member

second to that ive put on about 20k since i bought your trans and it is poop now. need to see about a upgrade....
    joe

8. slowwrx

On the 6 speed? I may have a spare diff here that will fit it Ill check

9. JD06REX

JD06REX New Member

rem the 07 trans out of the yellow car its center diff wouldnt fit into the 06 tail shaft housing. rem we dicked with it for hours...
    thinking cusco idk. or something non controller needed.

like the 350 sr build. should be sweet. hows the sti?

10. slowwrx

The tranny thats in your car is my old 06 sti tranny, you need a controller with it. Have you pulled it apart to see if anything is broken

11. JD06REX

JD06REX New Member

ya i know that, leaving it unwired i read is just like being in open diff. i have been broke up until recently. now that ive been working things have been getting taken care of. got doug to build a new motor goin back up the 15 for a final tune.

im debating pulling it apart before then or after.