Coolrex's new ride - 2002 BMW E46 M3

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What the hell is going on here.

2. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

I would guess not?...unless he changed his sturt brace to a less nicer then the OP.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

My strut brace would not fit that manifold :(

4. RSConvert

That sucks...oh well they all work the same.

Even nicer ride regardless.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah have to use the stock strut bar or one that isn't thicker. You can see how it barely clears the stock one.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

you rob a fuching bank???
    I can have 5 500 wheel coupe's for the cost of just that kit, I am sorry that seems WAY too much to spend. we need to line them up, go to the track whatever. My $2K 500 wheel coupe vs your 40K bimmer.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That may be true but I'll drive my bimmer in 100% luxury and COMFORT DAILY all the way to California and back while you beat your kidneys out and listen to rattles and exhaust noises and everything else ;)

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

looks like a pretty good investment on a 10 year old car

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

10. tolnep

tolnep Member

i assume its the stage II kit from Horse Power Freaks

http://www.turbo-kits.com/m3_turbo_kits.html#turbokits

stage III is 32,000. i wonder what all is included in that kit.

here's a litely used kit for 14k+. he has the parts photo here:http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/157427-rare-opportunity-own-hpf-turbo-kit-below-sticker-details-inside.html

although modding a subie can approach 6 figures, you can get started for less than bimmers. 19k, 1 turbo is expensive, but the kits are basically turn-key it looks very well made.

out of curiosity, what does a replacement motor for this version m3 cost?

and finally, this baby screams for e85. can you run it in your setup?

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  11. Deke

Deke Active Member

I assume you believe you also have "swagger"

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

E85 heck no. Stage 3 is a fully built engine.

13. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

Different strokes for different folks!

Cool! Enjoy the new ride!

You have entered a different stratosphere!

I did the same when I sold off the 280Z and went to the STi.

Just like NASCAR. Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

The M3 is like club level seats. Maybe you get a better look at the game but really it is about carpet and a hosted bar.

IMHO it is about what you can do with the extra ponies. Some folks can use it and some can't. Can you get the same fun for less?

Main point though. Enjoy the ride!

Michael

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have soooooo much more fun with RWD than I ever did with AWD. AWD has it's place but I don't live in snow. RWD slides, drifts, and such are so dang fun and so easy to do ;)

I don't regret getting this car in the least bit.

15. longfury

longfury Active Member

RWD is a ton of fun. I really enjoyed the RWD cars I have had. I wouldn't mind having another one as something to play with on the weekends.

16. Alex

You going to do the M race rear diff and such? I know Caesar @ LW loves his track setup.

17. I want an M3 so bad. Its the next car on my list to buy after the Sti is paid for.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I want the 4.10 M race diff but have to find a solution for the SMG. With those ratios the SMG will not upshift at WOT since the software uses speed and rpm to calculate shift points. When you raise the stock rpm 500 more rpm over stock then it messes the entire algorithm up.

I've contacted Topspeed to see if they have a way to alter/tune the SMG software and they are looking into it.

19. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn, you're going all out with this now

20. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

buy a six speed and drop in a big turbo :D

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ughhhhh it already is a six speed :rofl:

22. MattBallRules

MattBallRules Member

I've had six of these and love them, it's a brilliant chassis.

great buy.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Who are you out of curiosity? I know you aren't Matt Ball.

24. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Bryant maybe? He is just trying to get his post count up because he is trying to sell something I bet. I say we ban him

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I just got a TON of email notifications from him bumping stuff.

26. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Dittos1

27. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

It's Bryant...ban him. :rofl:

28. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

That is not his car on the lift, lol. And he did not buy that kit and he never will. Who the heck would invest 19k in a turbo kit+probably another 3k for all the installment and tuning. But I wish that it was in his car, it would be a beast.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You don't know that I never will......you don't even know me. You would be surprised at how many HPF M3's are out there. I rode in one the other day......all I can say is WOW and I almost crapped my pants. It delivered power so much differently than the Subaru did.....and it broke the tires loose like no man's business. That was a fun ride!

If anything I'm probably gonna go supercharger down the road after a year or two....those kits can be had for $4000 and put me in the 500 hp/380-400tq range once Doug works magic on it.

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I didn't mean no disrespect with that comment, but only BIG ballers ride with those turbo kits on their m3's. Shit, I wish you do buy this turbo kit, i would pay you to give me a ride in it.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's overpriced.....some of the supercharger kits come close to what this can do. Yeah the superchargers drain some power but still $4000 vs $18000...:rolleyes:

32. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

It is OVER FUKING PRICED, like WTF OVERPRICED! And supercharger will do the job.

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I love this car. I was playing yesterday with the rocket launch on it and managed to bark 2nd and 3rd gear shifts......thing doesn't play when it shifts in full S6 mode.

I also just found out my interior is a Individual special order package. You can't get it from the factory unless you special order from Germany. A freaking $9700 option.....sheesh! I should sell it for $5000 and let Alex do custom interior on it! Nah I'm keeping it. :wiggle:

34. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

not a fan...first reaction was one of a stereotyped mexican car. hopefully the wider rubber will make it look better

and powder coat those...would look pretty nasty in a gunmetal finish

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Like I said the fronts are pushed out a good 10-15 mm. I just went back to his thread and the rears are also pushed out 8-10mm so mine will be sunk in more.

No on the gunmetal although it would look killer. I'm keeping the car OEM looking so I'll stay hyper silver.

36. RSConvert

Nice choice on wheels, mesh is always classy. I hate that "hella" word :rofl:

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah they are the Euro CSL M3 reps.

Thanks for the input guys!

38. Alex

(1) I would never expect a M3 owner to roll out to a show with that many swirl/scratch marks :weaksauce

(2) Is there a shot that shows the entire side profile of the car with those wheels and that drop?

39. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

It's different when people go "HELLAFLUSH" on VW's and BMW's, and than the honda boys. It looks right on the german cars, but on hondas, just looks plain stupid.

40. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I think the setup you're talking about is fucking tight. Are you going with the same rims in the pics. I've seen a M3 on volks, and it looked clean as hell

41. Alex

Looks like more stretch than what I would want but it is for aesthetics after all, not performance.

42. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Mexican looking azz. I rather get wider tires and have a crazy camber.

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Exact same rims. NO spacers poking it all out and no retarded stretched tires. Those are 225's. I'm going with 245's front which is almost flush and 275's rear which will just look beefy.

44. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

How much is that going to run you, coolrex?

45. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

NOW, that sounds good.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

$1800-$2000 for tires and rims.

47. Alex

Well, is that all it costs now? How affordable :)

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

For 19's with tires not bad at all indeed. Just need to save up the moneys. 3/4 of it should be coming in from the state of SC soon since they messed up my stock rims.

49. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

275 rears seems like a good choice

50. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Im sorry but hellaflush is hellagay with the amount of camber people have to run. I like big tires and sitting flush against the fender for the perfect look which i'm sure you will achieve on this ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.