Stollen radio

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by pressley311, Aug 26, 2010.

1. pressley311

pressley311 Member

so i found out yester day that the double din dvd player was stolen out of my 05 sti as it was sitting in the subaru of gwinnett lot and was the only car that they broke into... so if any one sees a pionner AVH-D4000 in dash dvd player for sell around here it might of belonged to me lol

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Is SOG going to pay for damages?

3. pressley311

pressley311 Member

nope there insurence dosnt cover it so it has to go through ours... its alot of bs if u ask me lol

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

you sign a waiver when getting serviced that says they are not responsible for theft or break ins while your car is on their lot.

sucks that it happened to you dude. :(

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Didnt similar happen a few years ago where someones top mount was stolen.

Shit i remember when they had Bobby's car for like a year and it was ALWAYS unlocked.

6. pressley311

pressley311 Member

yea mine has been there for a few months im not sure if they leave it unlocked but the people just broke the window anyways lol

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

IIRC, they have a history of thefts from their lot including but not limited to: radios, laser/radar equipment, wheels, rotors, engine parts, etc. Not to mention all of the broken glass associated with those thefts of course.

Sorry to hear.

8. pressley311

pressley311 Member

yup luckly my tent kept the glass from shattering... but the radio was cleanly takin out nothing excpt the window was damaged

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its kind of strange that so much criminal activity happens there since the police station is right across the street

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Why has your car been there for months??

11. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

i was curious so i google map'd it... made me lol
    http://bixsti.com/lol.jpg

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Irony?

13. pressley311

pressley311 Member

has a blown motor at the moment but long story

14. ecreamer

ecreamer New Member

thats werid...ill keep a look out on craigslist and stuff, i live right down the stree frm SoG, always up there talkin to lisa parts manager, i didnt kno about all these break ins. im never leaving my car there then, sonds like someone that works there is settin ppl up