Oktoberfest - Helen Ga,

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by blaze_cunnings, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Hey Everyone,

A bunch of my friends and I are going to Oktoberfest in Helen, Georgia on Oct 10th (Free admission). Thought I invite everyone on WRXAtlanta to come if you're interested.

Date: October 10th (Sunday)
    Time: 1:00pm
    Where: Meet on Pleasanthill Rd. (Exit 104 on I85) at the Chevron gas station (right off the exit on the right) at 1:00pm. Do a mountain run around Helen, Ga first, then head to town and drink and eat.

Let me know if any of you would like to come.

- Kai

2. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

That sounds like fun. I'll have to see what I have going on that weekend.

3. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

Wouldn't it be better to do it on a Saturday? Being that peeps work on Monday. Just a suggestion.

4. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

next monday is a holiday for most, well for me atleast lol. I just might roll out tho this with some friends.

5. Thing is Saturday it cost money for admission into the festival. I figure people would want to save money for gas or food or beer lol.

6. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Wow, people actually get off Columbus day still? Not my work, lol.

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Where do you work that you get off Columbus Day? I have never had that as a holiday at any of the jobs I have ever worked.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I think I'll be going to it on 10/30.

9. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Same here. :squint:

10. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

Oh I see. lol. Well that makes sense. I know I would use it for the beer. lol

11. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Since my son will be up this weekend we can probably make it, after getting the suspension tuning to optimal configuration, it will certainly be enjoyable even in traffic.

12. Hey everyone,

Again if you're interested in going. My crew is leaving from Pleasanthill (Exit 104) from the Chevron Gas Station (next to the best buy, take a right off the exit, and it will be at your right.) We will wait around for about 15 mins for any stragglers.

Just to give you a little insight on the cars that are coming with my crew. These are my friends driving:

Subaru STI
    Mitsubishi EVO 8
    Lotus Elise
    Mercedes C series
    Mazda Speed 3
    Toyota Camry (photographer)

Thanks guys

13. Qoo0088

Qoo0088 New Member

I'll meet you guys at Helen.

14. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I just spent the day (Saturday) with the fam in Helen. It's jammed packed.
    Here's a cool suggestion - stay off the main strip as much as possible - it was a parking lot from morning until 4pm - BUT try to detour using some of the parallel roads (use your gps). This probably saved us over an hour :p

15. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

looks like i will be up there today... maybe if i see some of the cars i will say hey but dont expect to find anyone since it will be slammed

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

there were a bunch of us up there yesterday. about 12 cars, IIRC