Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Brock Samson

Brock Samson Member

Very cool!

I like Aiken. It's not bad. I miss the city though (was near DC before). I've been a member for a few months but I figured after meeting el Presidenté and some others at the Kennesaw event I'd get on here a bit more often.

I'm pretty sure a few of us are caravaning up nice and early on Dec 5th for the Caffeine & Octane in Marietta.

2. CoquiSubi

CoquiSubi Member

Where do you live? Warner Robins
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Miguel
    What do you drive? 87 celica (dd), 02 bugeye
    How modded is your ride? Heavily
    Where do you usually by parts? Jscspeed.com or locals.
    Do you visit any other local boards? Yup, centralgaracing.com
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Lets gooooooooo
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yessir its a par of life!
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? A good friend in columbus ga.

A little background on myself and my fam first. I am active duty Airforce and just got here from Alaska in august. I am married to Christina who also has a wrx but the bugeye wagon. We are expecting a little girl in december! We hope to make it to the big meets in ga wherever they may be. Thanks everyone and keep those subi's rollin!

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome

4. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Welcome to the forums, Miguel. Our most regular and consistent meets are the Every Other Tuesday Dinner meets that's sticked on the G2G forums.

5. CoquiSubi

CoquiSubi Member

Sounds good. Out here its like once a month.

6. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome Miguel and thanks for your service. Always nice to see another bugeye.

7. superdoughboy4

Hahah Yeah. That's what it's like at the Mazda forums I go to...

8. CoquiSubi

CoquiSubi Member

@mike, i never know what to say when someone says that to me lol. To me its a way to provide for my family and work towards retirement. But, your welcome! And yes, Bugeyes FTW.

I went to our local meet out hereand only there were only 3 subi's my wifes, mine, and an 08 hatch sti lol. In alaska it was practly all subarus and evos. Gonna be hard getting used to this. Hopefully we get some snow so i can get sideways and show my ken block side.

9. Ej20 Devil

Ej20 Devil Member

Hello! New guy here!:wavey:

1. Where do you live? Atlanta
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Ivan
    3. What do you drive? 98 bright red impreza
    4. How modded is your ride? no comments
    5. Where do you usually by parts? ebay
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? nabisco and rs25.com
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? hmmm long story, used to be a lot of go but have done diddly squat over the past 2-3 years so it just looks "go" ;)
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I wave, and when I say wave I mean a large percentage of my body goes out the window waving!
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Fellow member, Brett (ScoobaruRS on nasioc)

Hello to all and hope to meet some of you guys soon. I'm living in an apartment right now which honestly drives me nuts since I'm the wrenching type. If time permits I can help anyone with anything from installing a sway bar to building and installing your engine. A little bit more of myself, I'm about to be 28 in a couple of months, aircraft mechanic by trade, currently working at Hartsfield for Panasonic Avionics Corp. :)

10. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome to WrxAtlanta.com!

11. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Sorry for the late reply. I have not been on near as much or for as long as normal due to some family issues. But I have many members of my family that were in the service and some that made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. It may be a way to make a living and provide for your family, but it is also service to our country no matter where they send you with the possibility of paying for it with your life. That requires some thanks :) Sorry if it is embarrassing, but it is something I believe in.

12. CoquiSubi

CoquiSubi Member

Thanks Mike! No one has ever explained it to me like that. You are right about sacrificing. I have a pretty lax job but those 12 to 24 hour shifts and deployments do still come up from time to time.

13. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

14. SubiNoobie

SubiNoobie Supporting Member

Greetings!

1. Where do you live? Americus!
    2. What do you preferred to be called? Butch
    3. What do you drive? 08 STI
    4. How modded is your ride? Mild for now.
    5. Where do you usually by parts? 'Local' when possible.
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Yar! IWSTI & NASIOC
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go!
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I always try!
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Alex :D

Hello everyone! I'm rather new to the Subaru community so take it easy on me, at least for a little while. :p I purchased my first Scoobie this year, an 08 STI with ~9000 miles and all I can think now is "what the heck took me so long"?! It's been an awesome car to drive and I look forward to every time I get to drive it somewhere.

So a little bit about me...

I've been a fan of Subaru for quite some time, just never had the opportunity to get one in the past. I actually grew up on American muscle, my last 'hot rod' being a 64 Impala SS. I've also had many toys over the years, from motorcycles and dirt bikes to four wheelers and snowmobiles. If it had an engine I wanted to drive it.

I've always loved driving and motorsports in general, but ever since I can remember I've always wanted one of 'those' cars... the ones I remember seeing as a kid on TV that were four wheel drive and had big turbos and ripped through the dirt and snow. They went so fast that being a spectator meant you were putting yourself in as much danger as the drivers... the good ol' Killer Bs! Although I never had the chance to see a Killer B race in person (probably a good thing in retrospect :D ), the images of those Peugeots, Fords and Audis alike have always stuck with me.

I'm a bit of a gearhead, somewhat of a garage mechanic I guess. I've always been into cars and electronics and ended up being that guy my friends and friends of friends would call when something was broken. Cars, VCRs, Tvs, computers, you name it and I would work on it. It got to the point where my 'hobby' turned into a part time job. I eventually ended up working out of a friends auto body shop for a while doing custom installs ranging from audio/video to air ride and hydraulic suspensions. I really loved doing it but as time passed started to realize I never had time to do my stuff. :D Eventually I moved on and went to school and found myself with a real job. Several years down the road I found myself with no toys and started to get the itch again. I wasn't comfortable making a large investment at the time so I went out and bought an 08 MazdaSpeed3 GT. Although not the Subaru I wanted, it gave me the fix I was looking for and was fun to drive. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it :D ) as fate would have it, the car was totaled when an elderly woman ran a stop sign and sent me into a field. Now needing a new car, I decided it was time to get what I really wanted and went on the hunt for a Subaru. After a couple months of searching, I found one that fit my criteria and bought it. As I said earlier, I couldn't be more happier with it.

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting you all online and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with some of y'all some weekend in the near future. I noob'd it up a few weekends ago at an AutoX event and loved it so much I'm hooked. I'm going to try to make the Allies vs. Axis event down in Adel this weekend and give it another go. Who knows, mebah i'll run into some of you there.

Cheers!

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the community, Butch!

16. SubiNoobie

SubiNoobie Supporting Member

Thank you! I'm glad Alex directed me to this site and look forward to meeting everyone! I thought I posted an introduction but I don't see it in the thread. Guess I'll try it again this evening.

17. A-TL

A-TL Member

1. Where do you live? Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    2. What do you preferred to be called? David
    3. What do you drive? 04' WRX wagon
    4. How modded is your ride? Stock w/72k
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Craigslist
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? NASIOC and here
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Show it off. I have big plans for this.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? There's only around 2 wrx's around campus so yeah.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Bug-Rex

My name is David. I go to the University of Alabama and am there for Film production. I just got a 2004 Wrx wagon. It's a great car and only has 72k on the odo. It's banged up though. I need a PSM right front quarter panel, left rear tail light, front driver side fog light housing. But that's it and I got it for a good price. Look forward to meeting you guys if there's a g2g.

18. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Guess I'm way over due for one of these. Been lurking this forums for a while now.

1. Where do you live? CrAcworth
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?Mano (pronounced Man-no)
    3. What do you drive? 05' STi
    4. How modded is your ride? Stock cept for a Stage 1 map
    5. Where do you usually buy parts? Online, Craigslist, Forums
    6. Do you visit any other local boards?240atlanta, ImportAtlanta, Holyrollerz.org
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?All the above..LOL! Sleeper wannabe.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I try to.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?JMAN @ Alan Cox Automotive

Currently I fix, configure, install servers(computers) for a company out in Norcross. Been in the I.T. industry for the past 10+ years. Before this life, I used to do Car Audio(sell, install, compete, etc....). Been doing car audio since I was in middle school...LOL! To young to drive a car or own anything, so I help design/build them for relatives back in the mid 80's. Old fart, I know. At the same time, I've been doing martial arts pretty much the most of my life. From WTF/ATA/Shotokan Karate, Ninjitsu, KungFu, Wingchun, HapKido, Street fighting, Judo, Combat Fighting. I've picked and chose what worked for me. Besides that, for the past five years I've joined up with another club called Holyrollerz Christian Car Club. Sounds cheesy but we not all about cars. More of having good relationships with not only God but with each other. They are a great group guys and gals.

Alright, enough about me...on to my car. Well, I've owned my STi since last August of '09. It's been a good car to me for the past year and half. Although, it's showing signs of wear n tear but it's still ticking...for now at least. It's got 146k at the moment. I took a chance and bought it with 110k. Had all the records for it and was a great price. I plan on doing a ton to this car but I'm so limited on time. Some of you know how that goes with the wife and kiddos. That's all for now. Looking forward to meeting some of y'all. So don't be a stranger, come and talk to me.

19. stimanmark

stimanmark Member

1. Where do you live? Northwest Georgia (just below chatt, TN
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Mark (is apart of my username lol)
    3. What do you drive? 2004 WRB STi
    4. How modded is your ride? Minimal
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Online mostly (will shop for the best possible price) local
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? NASIOC, IWSTI
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? I like a nice clean look and go fast
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yup, even if they dont wave back....and you cant forget the STi guys and gals too
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Ran into a local wrx guy....username blindsideair and he told me about wrxatlanta

20. razor2025

razor2025 New Member

1. Where do you live? Atlanta / Norcross
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jin, is fine
    3. What do you drive? 02' WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? Pretty much stock, except for STI interior bits and fresh new suspension.
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Wherever I can source them. Forums, SoG, AutoZone, or even Amazon.
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Not local, but I do check RS25, NASIOC often. Still hunting for that "perfect" GC8
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? We'll see
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I do try.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Mentioned in NASIOC boards

So a bit more about myself:

I've been in ATL area for most of my life so far. I do have to say, it's one of the most difficult area to be in if you want to buy a Impreza for reasonable price (esp GC8). I've graduated from 2 years ago from local school and currently working in IT for big phone company. Still going back to school for my masters, so time is slightly limited on getting things done to my car. Not the most mechanically inclined person either, until just past week, I've only done oil changes and filter changes to my cars. I spent the better part of Xmas and New Year changing the struts and springs of my WRX with help of my friends who were much more experienced (and had better tools). That was frustrating / expensive, but a bit rewarding experience. I'm looking to get my hands wet on Subarus through my current WRX and plan on slowly building up to a swapped RS, the car I've wanted since I started college.

About my car:

I've been hunting clean and not over-priced RS for better part of 2010. Pretty much gave up on it, and settled for a 02 Bugeye in Florida. It was under $10k with 87k miles without huge cosmetic issues and had some recent work receipts, so I drove down there with Dad and picked her up. Of course, being a newbie to Subarus, I had 0 experience on inspecting it properly, and the two shops I tasked with pre-purchase inspection sucked (after the fact). Had to fix EVAP issue immediately after taking it back home just to get it titled (few benjies there), and I just spent good chunk of change to fix up her crummy suspension DIY style. Already ordered some new liners and undertray from SoG to keep things from being throw up into my engine. Along with more minor parts missing that I didn't catch. Still, the engine sounds good and it pulls lot harder than the TSX I used to own. Pretty raw and crude though, I'd have to say compared to my old TSX.

Plans?:

I'll mostly keep it stock in term of drivetrain for now. I need to be a better driver before I get more power under my wheels. I will either freshen up the brakes or get a 4/2 pot setup soon to complement the just finished new suspension. Oh and some new tires would be great. Interior wise, I'm going to see if I can convert the STI setup to a 04+ WRX setup. The blue is nice, but it's a bit too gaudy for my age bracket now. The car will be my weekend toy to run around in Smokey Mountain, and maybe I'll get the guts to try out SCCA in future.

21. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

1. Where do you live? Columbus, GA
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Steven
    3. What do you drive? 2005 STi and 2004 F150 Lariat
    4. How modded is your ride? STi - not much...HKS Turbo Timer, 37mm vent-mounted boost gauge
    F-150 - 2.5" level kit, 295/75 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Custom side-exit exhaust, Edge Evo Tuner, 8000K HID Heads and Fogs
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Online or a couple of stores around here
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? not really
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock, headed for Go at some point (getting married in the fall, so it wont be my money anymore)
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? yes
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? I followed a guy on Sat because he had an STi and Im needing some parts. He told me to sign up here and keep an eye out for what I need. Thanks again for hookin me up

22. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome! I have a couple Fords in addition to our 2 Subarus.

23. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome :wavey:

24. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Welcome to the boards. We're all mad here.

25. Matt

Welcome Mark, Jin, and Steven!

:wavey:

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

And that's just the mods, the rest of us are harmless

27. superdoughboy4

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

28. superdoughboy4

Approving posts?! That's it!

29. Ben

Ben New Member

1. Where do you live? I go to Emory, but live near Philly.
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Ummm, Ben, haha
    3. What do you drive? Saab 9-2x 2.5i
    4. How modded is your ride? Exhaust, intake, wheels/tires, brakes, springs, sways...so pretty modded
    5. Where do you usually by parts? eBay or from fellow forum members on saab92x.com and nasioc.com
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Not any other local ones
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? I'm striving for the balance between show and go. I autocross my car, but I also want it to look good.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? If it's modded I will, but they are quite common (especially compared to 9-2xs) so not every single one.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? I searched on google.

I'm glad to be here and am looking forward to contributing to the forum!

My ride:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. dennisn

dennisn New Member

Member ?

Don't sure who or where to ask this question but so far this is the only place that I could post. I paid or donated 29 bucks the other day and everytime I try to post anything it says I don't have permission. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ? I would think after paying 29 bucks I could post photos and start threads. Thanks,

31. Rulevoid

Rulevoid Member

Where do you live? Buckhead (Lingbergh)
    What do you drive? 2007 STi
    How modded is your ride? Lets just say i have spent more money than i ever thought i would.
    Where do you usually by parts? Typically online at the cheapest site I can find.
    Do you visit any other local boards? NASIOC and i moved from daytonsubies.com
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Absolutely
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Google (=

32. K0nTANK3Rous

K0nTANK3Rous New Member

1. Where do you live? LUH-GRANGE
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? C
    3. What do you drive? '11 SWP WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? Not much yet. (Perrin CAI, Perrin Uppipe, Gauges; various audio updates)
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Perrin, VividRacing, IIR, locally if possible
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? nope
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go..looking to return to Solo events
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? i don't really see much, but when it's occurred it's either a wave or headlight flicker
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? EJRex (friend)

What's up ...

33. jta021

jta021 New Member

Newb here, Ive been in the 240 scene for a while but Im sick of all the highschoolers starting drama all the time.. on to better things! Im thinking about getting rid of my e46 and getting a scooby.. so here I am!

34. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

1. Where do you live? ATL
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Eric
    3. What do you drive? 2004 Aspen WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? Espelir Exhaust, DP, BOV.......
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Online, or local shops
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? IA
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? GO!!!!!!!
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? try too....
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Talked to Ryan and Kyle from Competition clutch.......

Just recently got the suby back from a wreck i recently had up in the mountains in NC....sucks to see your car up against a tree by the way..... but yeah lil short story about the suby. I recently picked up the wrx back in Sept, 2010 haven't done any mods to the car yet except for the Stage 2 Competition Clutch the previous owner did all the other mods....

I am gonna start using WRXatlanta more often now because i am in need of some help...trying to decided if i should go with either an Turbo upgrade or FMIC, or maybe both depending on the prices...lol

I know i am gonna ask some stupid questions on here but bare with me guys, still a newbie with the wrx......always owned a honda HAHAHAHA

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  35. bullitt5897

bullitt5897 Member

Hey Guys new guy here!

Picked up Ryan's old 08 flat black wagon for a daily driver :D

[​IMG]

Here is my other ride:
    [​IMG]

this was taken at SEMA this year:
    [​IMG]

This is her Rear end haha:
    [​IMG]

36. bullitt5897

bullitt5897 Member

1. Where do you live? Johns Creek
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Mike
    3. What do you drive? 08 STI Wagon and 2009 Nissan 450zTT
    4. How modded is your ride? Subaru vinyl and prodrives...
    5. Where do you usually by parts? depends
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? s2katlanta
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? show and go
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? heck yeah!
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? the sticker on the back of my wrx that and kyle from Manhattan pizza! he is the MAN!:wavey:

37. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Nice toys welcome aboard!!!

38. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Approve my previous post MATT!!!! LOL

39. bullitt5897

bullitt5897 Member

40. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

A daily driver? You son of a…

Jealous.

41. bullitt5897

bullitt5897 Member

hahahahaha

42. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Very cool rides.

43. superdoughboy4

Holy awesomeness. That's a really nice Z.
    And it's even more awesome that you have Ryan's car. Lol.
    Keeping it in the family.

44. stirhino

stirhino Member

1. Where do you live? South Fulton Parkway
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Ryan
    3. What do you drive? 2004 Aspen STI
    4. How modded is your ride? 380 AWHP
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Online, or local shops
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? No
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? GO!!!!!!!
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? try too if they are looking....
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? NASIOC

45. Matt

welcome to the community, Ryan!

:wavey:

46. b reel

b reel Active Member

Hey Ryan do also have a Mirage?

47. stirhino

stirhino Member

I have a White Corolla also

48. slowwrx