Super laggggy connection with Ipad

Discussion in 'Meta' started by JJang12, Nov 27, 2010.

1. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Whenever I use Ipad to surf wrxatlanta, I experience severe laggy loading time for each thread to open (even for homepage). I know that this is not the internet issue, since I do not experience the same issue with my regular computer using the same wireless network.

Is there any other Ipad users here that experience slow connection issue?

2. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I stole the office iPad for the break and haven't had any issues.

3. jeb

jeb Member

Get a netbook, you won't have any problems then and you'll save 200$

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I find that quite interesting considering all that's really going on is php use / db access to load the pages you want to see. Without an IPAD it is difficult to troubleshoot any problems unfortunately :( I would venture a guess to say the problem is device specific not server end (software, etc).

5. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Another strange thing is that I do not experience any slow connection issues at other forums.. Is there any setting that can be tweaked in wrxatlanta (at user level)?

6. Trey

Trey Active Member

wifi? 3g?

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i'm using it via my home wifi (AT&T u-verse max - 12mpbs)

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

At&t. I found your problem. :p

9. Alex

You can mail me your IPAD and I will be glad to test at my home. I am running the same ATT U-Verse connection.

What we can do is give you a link to a default theme to see if its a theme thats causing the hiccup. My best guess is that the AJAX of the chatbox is slowing the device down...because it does that on the iOS devices that Ive tested on.

10. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I am having the same issue with my iPad at home on AT&T wifi

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

Try using the darkness background then click on NEW POSTS. See if that helps. Both links in the top right of the screen.

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

my friend is an IT guy for a pharmacy company and they are looking into iPads to use for pharmacists to use for ordering/receiving/stocking. he is have slowness issues as well. but he thinks its because its the smaller capacity hard drive. usually watching videos and stuff

13. Alex

I tried to make the "New Posts" link easily accessible for mobile devices on all of the themes. I still vote that there's a script that may or may not be causing your device to lag.

14. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Darkness and new posts still equals slow, sorry

15. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Still worked fine for me with darkness theme. iPad Wi-fi-only, Comcast, and whatever the most recent software update version is.

16. Alex

You could use the exclusively mobile version I suppose, http://m.wrxatlanta.com. But I don't see how the IPAD can lag when my 1G ipod touch handles it without a problem. Have you tried closing the chatbox or should I send you a link to a theme without the chatbox on it at all?

17. Matt

I've been playing with the work ipad most of the morning. No lag at all with darkness and classic modes.

iOS version 4.2.1

:shrug:

18. Trey

Trey Active Member

^^^ Verizon network I presume?

Works on Verizon, Works on Comcast, sucks on Uverse.....hrm.

19. Matt

No..at work. Qwest wifi.

20. Alex

Are you able to poweroff / hard reset the device to see if it fixes the problem?

21. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone on this issue.

Do you have AT&T u-verse or DSL?

I'm asking because i didn't experience the slow speed issue when I was using AT&T dsl wifi. It appears that this problem could be tied only to AT&T u-verse service. Do you think U-verse's AT&T supplied wireless router can cause this issue?

22. Trey

Trey Active Member

It does seem to be a common issue with three UVerse users. Weird.

23. Matt

an at&t product not working properly? NO WAI!

24. nygiant

nygiant Member

i have zerio issues with uverse on my iphone wifi :)

25. Alex

Yeah, I think its simply a coincidence -- not a correlation. My ipod touch and g4 powerbook work just fine on my U-Verse megahoots.

26. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I have DSL with a wireless router