Accessport or Open source tune

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by A-TL, Dec 9, 2010.

1. A-TL

A-TL Member

I bought all I need for a stage 2 tune and I am looking for opinions on how I should go about tuning it. I'll be heading to TopSpeed for the tune too.

Either:

Buy an AP V2 for it so I can have a couple different tunes ie Power and Gas mileage tune

or

Just go with an opensource tune

Which would be the better option for me?

2. tolnep

tolnep Member

my take.

both are more or less equal in results.

AP is cool for quick tuning which i did my self. do 3rd gear run, pull over open log with excel, look at results, adjust cells in real time go do another quick run.

also, i can run e85 or 93oct. I can flash an e85 map and if i run 93 just do a realtime upload from the AP.

if you're just doing a tune and not gonna change it yourself or need flexibility, just go with your tuner's recomendation

3. A-TL

A-TL Member

I just bought an accessport. I want 2 maps, one for fun and one for fuel economy.

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Fun and fuel economy can be had on the same map. The way it runs at light throttle has nothing whatsoever to do with how it runs at heavy throttle.

They're totally different places on the map. You want good economy, keep your foot out, you want fun, dip in.

Siegel

5. A-TL

A-TL Member

Thanks Scott. I'm new to this whole Subaru tuning thing

6. tolnep

tolnep Member

this is absolutely true. however.. you may find yourself having so much fun with your foot in it you find yourself forgetting to take your foot out of it....