Fog light relay help.

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by AutoxSTi, Dec 11, 2010.

1. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

I just recently added foglights to my 05' STi. Got most of the accessories, switch, lights, bulbs, fog light surrounds but I don't have the relay. Anyone use a generic relay besides the $70 one from subaru?

I did a search on google, nasioc, iwsti and a few other subbie forums. Everyone talks about going OEM relay. Relays are supposed to be cheap, not $70 cheap. I'm sure radioshack carries something similar. Just don't know the configuration on the OEM one.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You could snag a bosch or tyco relay from partsexpress.com. That's what I was going to do for my JDM fogs. You could wire them up direct instead if you prefer.

3. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Hmmm, you just gave me an idea but I'd like to keep the stock location for the relay. I'm not sure yet though. Might have to rig it up somehow.

4. Spankie

Spankie Member

Let me know if you need some help on the wiring. I have wired up many fogs and driving lights with relays in the past. Not in the factory locations but kinda like what Alex said. Bosch style for me is best. Then you can choose when the come on and go off. Not the natzi control that most cars have these days.

5. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

LOL, I think I've seen the jerry rigged way of wiring them up on Nasioc. I may end up doing just that. Bosch.

6. Spankie

Spankie Member

Hey! My name is not Jerry I'm offended!....

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Do you have the part number on the switch piece? I'll see what my cost on it is for ya.

8. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

OK, how bout ghetto rigging...sound better? LOL!

9. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

One of these two.
    82501FC100
    superceded by this p/n.
    82501AE03A

However, the p/n show up for $10.18 online on the subarupartscenter.com
    WoW! Definitely cheaper than $70. Not sure where I saw that price but it was a turnoff...LOL!