Bought HELP-2004 sti from Deacon Jones- Any information

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by heinicke9858, Dec 27, 2010.

1. heinicke9858

heinicke9858 New Member

I bought a BLUE 2004 STI from Deacon Jones autopark in North Carolina in April. It had a WRXAtlanta sticker on the rear window. I am having trouble with the warranty company trying to say that i removed the Catalytic converter and such. The car has a Cobb intake, greddy exhaust and indash screen. If this was your car our you know of the person who owned it previously any help would be needed as to the upgrades, etc that were done to it before my buying it. The car came from Ohio originaly.
    Thanks,
    PJ

2. Max Q

Max Q Member

Just out of curiosity, what type of warranty work are you having done?

Also, i doubt anybody is going to own up to removing a catalytic converter.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Could you not just put said cat back on and be good?

4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

can you not just run the vin and see the vehicles history report?

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't think carfax gives owners, but a subaru dealership should have that information on file.

6. heinicke9858

heinicke9858 New Member

I have the carfax but noone will give me the owners information. I dont have the cat since i didnt remove it but the warranty company is trying to say that i took it off and they want to void the warranty. They also claim the computer is horribly tuned ( another feature i wasnt aware of) so i keep blowing the 4th cyclinder piston because it is running super hot and super lean. I just want some info on what was done to it when i purchased it so i can show the warranty company that i havent ever touched the car,

7. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

even if you can find a source saying they did it, they're the insurance company...they're still gonna fuck you. Best of luck, no warranty's covering you there

8. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Seems to me if a car was warrantied, and sold, without a cat, (and horribly tuned, etc.) whatever warranty work should be covered. it won't, but it should be.
    Sounds to me like you have more problems than that, though.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

I agree. If it was sold to you that way then they have to own up.

10. heinicke9858

heinicke9858 New Member

Thats the view the lawyer has with it aswell. They sold me the car the way it sits not and they warrantied it the way it sits. I just think they are trying everything they can, to get out of buying a new motor. Any help tho on someone that owned the car would be great, a long shot but worth a try hah

11. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

without pics or some more description, it would be pretty tough to tell you who's car it was. blue STi is a pretty broad category...

12. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I would just let your lawyer handle it. Dealers aren't suppose to sell cars new or used without a Cat.

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

you have a lawyer you will be fine. He will probably file another complaint for them selling a car w/o a cat.
    pics for ID and any other info you can provide about any visible modifications