Aps

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Figment, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Figment

Figment Member

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

how about a working link there whore bait

3. Figment

Figment Member

4. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I do. I have the TSR70. Pretty happy with it even I had a crack header (which has been replaced under warranty) and do have a up-pipe issue as it's rattling on the crossmember. It might be installation related, and what shops want to do is,either, cut-re-weld crossmember or hammer the up-pipe and I'm not a big fan of those solutions. I'll need to have my valve cover gasket service soon, so, I'll see if a shop can play with the turbo and move it around for clearance.
    Other than that, the turbo is really powerful, even for a daily driver. Good power all around the RPM.
    422 whp/391 tq on Topspeed dyno at 20.5 PSI. And I think the header cracked on the dyno because my tuner was able to get max power at 4600 RPM which should have been around 4200 RPM for that kind of turbo. When the header has been replaced, the car was a lot more powerful.
    Otherwise, I'm really happy with it.

5. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Hopefully you have one of the good turbos!

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That would probably be one of the last companies I would deal with. Just heard too many bad things about them. It is a shame because they make some really nice product.

7. trouble06

trouble06 Member

What do you mean?
    I know they have/had problem with some of their products like every company I guess.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

All their turbos under perform especially for their size and cost.

9. trouble06

trouble06 Member

When I bought mine, it was at the same price as an AMS 35R, including front mount intercooler, wastegate.... but got the twinscroll header for free.
    And I think my dyno is in the same power as most of the 35R.
    Mike, you're right, I heard they had bad turbo. It's been 20000 miles already I had my kit installed and doing fine for now.

10. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Sounds like yours was most likely not one of the effected units.