Forged Performance: First G37 Coupe Greddy TT

Discussion in 'Forged Performance' started by Tray@Forged, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share a recent project we just completed. For this project we decided to adapt a Greddy TT Kit from the 370z and install it on a G37 Coupe. Many of our customers have long wanted another TT kit option for the G37 and with Greddy's support we determined what changes would need to be made to the 370Z kit in order to adapt it to the G37 Coupe. Turns out that almost no adaptation was required aside from relocation of a few items due to the automatic transmission coolant lines. We also had to fabricate a bracket for the adaptive cruise control distance sensor. It's amazing how well the kit fit when it's not even technically designed for the G37 Coupe. The kit shipped the day we ordered it was well packaged, and was missing zero parts. The kit does not require any special driveline spacers or aftermarket steering couplers, making installation a breeze. We managed to achieve 440whp on our dyno dynamics at a very conservative wastegate pressure of 6psi. The big 20G turbos can produce 700whp+, but still spool very quickly and are happy at wastegate pressure. As always, I calibrated the factory ECU with UpRev's Pro Tuner software. This particular vehicle is an 08 G37 5AT with about 40,000 miles on the odometer. The owner lives in Texas and drives the car every day, so reliability and OEM look feel are extremely important.

Seriously this is one of the best looking cars that's come out of our shop. It's a perfect combination of power and class. I didn't want to see it go, but alas, the client flew in from Texas and proceeded to drive it straight home 12hrs without missing a beat. Next upgrade is a Big Brake Kit! :)

Simple, reliable, clean, and undetectable from inside the cabin.

Performance Upgrades:
    - Greddy 20G Twin Turbo Kit (Nissan 370z)
    - Greddy BOV Set
    - Greddy Ti-C Exhaust (G35)
    - DeatschWerks 600cc injectors 350Z/370Z/G35
    - Walbro Fuel Pump 255lph
    - Transgo Valve Body Upgrade Kit
    - Uprev Ecuflash Tuned by Sharif at Forged Performance

We documented this project with pictures, and video. Please enjoy them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heat wrapping all exhaust components.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thermosleeving lines and Heatshielding critical engine components
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greddy Twin Turbo Kit installed on motor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fabricated Active Cruise control module to fit the bumper.
    [​IMG]

Finished Product:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

WOW!!!! That is one sick a$$ ride.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

Nice

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

wow that's a tight bay - looks good

can the customer drive that in the rain? I would think with the air filters being where they are without shielding, water would be an issue

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Very nice looking car. That kit would look really good with all piping and stuff PC'd black.

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

hrmm...to mod the G35 or leave it stock...

8. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Very tight,

Water will most likely not be an issue. Unless he drives his car through a flood. This is how all the Z cars are done. I really doubt this G37 will have any problems he really takes care of his vehicle and doesn't like to drive out in the elements.

9. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

In for the chart.

10. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

Man, this is a sweet, clean install.

So did the engine have to be pulled to install it, or was it just easier/quicker than trying to install with it in the car?

I've been thinking of picking up a G37S 6 speed after we get our house bought.

It sounds like this turbo kit would be a straight bolt-on with the manual transmission, is that a correct assumption?

I agree, with black sleeves and the polished pipes powdercoated black, it would be very stealthy indeed.

11. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

The motor needs to be pulled to perform the install. It should fit on the 6 speed. It has not yet been done before so it would need to be tested. I assume it would without a whole lot of modifications. Let me know when you get your G37. We will send off the pipes for powdercoating and use black sleeving. :)

12. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Updated with Dyno Chart on opening page as well:

[​IMG]