Good restaurant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by oneiguy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Its my wifes birthday this sunday and I'm taking her out. Any suggestions?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I recently took my mother out to dinner for her birthday. We went to Wildfire at Perimeter (http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/). It was delicious and a really awesome atmosphere.

Seasons 52 is right next door and that place rocks as well. (http://www.seasons52.com/)

highly recommend either of these.

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

woodfire grill, bones, MF

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

What kind of food?

Kevin Rathbun Steak is always a good choice. When Kevin was asked where he likes to go out to eat, he said Houston's:) Houston's is one of my favorites in Atlanta. Won't break the bank and always consistently good.

5. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Woodfire Grill is pretty amazing if you want to drop some dime. Do the chef's tasting with the wine tasting option. If she's not open to trying new things, don't waste your money.

What does she like?

Ray's Killer Creek has great food and has a very romantic atmosphere. Sage has good atmosphere as well, or Aqua Blue if you want more modern.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

If you like seafood.... I took my fiance to Atlanta Fish Market on Saturday for her B-DAY and it was excellent....

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

I would suggest melting pot or habitchi

8. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I wanted to go there, but they're closed sunday.

9. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

McKendrick's Steak House in Dunwoody is always good....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

ps where is my liquor ;)

11. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I will bring it buy this weekend.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just giving you hell - it's no biggie

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

If you enjoy French food definitely try out Le Petit Manson on Roswell Rd. Excellent wine selection and the quality and taste of the food is wonderful. I'd suggest their escargot and the filet with roquefort. Other good dishes of note: Crispy duck with spicy dijon mustard (theirs will pop your sinuses), foie gras and their lamb shank.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  14. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Have you been to Bistro Niko yet?

15. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

I got a gift cert. from AMEX for seasons 52...I'll have to try them out. Too bad it doesn't cover booze.. :|

As to good restaurants.. we've enjoyed South City Kitchen, both the Vinings and Downtown locations. I thought the SunDial on top of the Westin was good, definitely a unique eating experience. Also, if you're into tapas style meals, Red Sky Tapas and Bar in Marietta is good.

16. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

if you go to the perimeter area for dinner, definitely take her to intermezzo for dessert/drinks ;)

17. t3chn0rem1x

t3chn0rem1x Member

fogo de chao, new york prime, rathbuns--- pick 1

18. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I'd tell you to go to Killer creek but my wife is off Sunday. Won't be easy to take care of you!
    If you want to go to Buckhead, a new restaurant opened "La Fourchette" where Bones is, on the other side of the street; a lot of good reviews and will be our next destination.
    Otherwise, "La Petite Maison" ,as Alex said, is a really nice place. Went there 3-4 times already.

19. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Now that you live in L'ville take her to Medieval Times lmao

20. Alex

I second the Intermezzo suggestion. A good evening always ends there for drinks and desserts (you know women always want them). The fact that is relatively swanky and open till 3 is always fun. Too bad its so cold out because the Intermezzo down off Peachtree has such a great outdoor patio.

Nan, downtown, is great if you want to snag the Chef's table. You'll need to appreciate Thai food to eat there however. The lychee martini's are awesome :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  21. Alex

No, not yet. I'm not getting out as often as I'd hope lately.

22. trouble06

trouble06 Member

So, where did you ended going out for your wife's birthday?

23. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Have to plug season's 52. Owned by the same company as capital grille, olive garden, etc. It's a different experience, nice place. Will only say that don't expect to feel full if you normally eat your full meal elsewhere.

24. integroid

Yeah, I have been there a few times from vendors taking me there. I honestly wouldn't go there if I had to pay for it. I mean the food was ok and the service was great but I think it was way overpriced. For what my vendors paid, I wanted to be wow'ed by the food.

25. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

We kept it pretty low key. I took her shopping, went to flip burger, then to intermezzo

26. Alex

Awesome :)

27. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Very nice.... intermezzo is great.

28. integroid

Flip burger is great as well:)

29. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I have not been there but I want to try it. We was down there satruday night for a gelato at Paolos gelato shop if you havent been there it's great also

30. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

did you get a shake?

31. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

No sir....

32. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Yup nutella and burnt marshmallow and orange cream

33. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Any of the Buckhead Life places. I have had Blue Pointe for sushi, Chops for a steak, Veni Vedi Vici for Italian, Atlanta Fish Market you can guess what they have. Just plan on spending a little over $100 for two with a drink a piece. Chops was about $180 for me and the misses

34. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Good deal! Nice, relax evening. No brainer!

35. heathbar

heathbar Member

Mmmmmm :drool: +1 for Flip

36. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

+2 for flip...love going there....try the foie gras shake it's good

37. +3 for flip and nutella milkshakes

Also try yeah Burger, right down the street. You get to customize your own burgers. For example, choose any meat like Bison, Turkey, Regular Hamburger, etc.

38. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

i will take the credit for the nutella shake. It came from when I worked at Blais. I had nothing to do with the foie gras milkshake, other than to tell him it needed more amaretto.

Oh...Chris, get back to work. Drew needs your help. ;)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  39. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

I thought they were kinda meh...took too long to get my food to me, but it was tasty. 2 of our coworkers got sick after the first time they ate there....

ya ya ya....don't you have boxes to move? :rofl:

40. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

More like pack and ship.

41. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I see this forum is very popular around here. You two quiet down or I'll block your internet access and i'll be the only one coming here from here.

42. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

can't block my phone...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  43. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I could always block you from coming back...muhahaha

44. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

And you are still a princess.

45. wrxin8or

It would actually be kinda pointless....you're never here anymore anyway

46. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

but he's always here. Can you block that?

47. wrxin8or

Nope, thats up to you