BMW CCA HPDE @ RA - 2011 March 5th and 6th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by griggs81, Jan 23, 2011.

1. griggs81

griggs81 Supporting Member

All,

I signed up for this event and was wondering if anyone else was going to try and make it. I wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone who is interested at this event. Can't wait!

2. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I want to try my hand at RA one day... I've already committed to Little Talladega on March 5th else I would consider this one. This will be my first track day, so I'm excited! :D

3. griggs81

It's a blast driving a Subaru no matter what track you are on. Good luck, be safe, and have fun!

4. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Thanks! Oh, I plan to. :D

5. griggs81

6. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Looks like you had a lot of fun!!
    Nice driving!

7. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Looks great. Whens the next event? I've always wanted to do RA. Just don't know if I can have my car ready for it. Plus I probably need to get some learning time at littly tally.

8. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

nice.

what was the car that you waved by right after you passed the S4 and Vette?

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

looked like Ferrari 348 or Mondial, has the cheese grate intakes on the side

10. griggs81

The next event that I'm going to try and attend is the Peachstate PCA Driver's Education at Road Atlanta June 4th and 5th.

If you are a beginner, all you really need to be ready is a helmet, lots of pad left on your brakes, decent tread on your tires, and a car that isn't leaking any fluids (there are other items on the tech checklist that need to be met too - this can be found on the Peachstate PCA website).

Any track experience is good experience. Little Tally or any where else works. Driver's Education events accept drivers of all experience (including people who have never been on a closed track before).

11. griggs81

Great answer! That was a 1981 Ferrari Mondial 8. The only reason I know all that detail is that I saved the driver/car information sheet...

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Surprised it still runs, must have put a small fortune in it, 308 swap likely. Voted as one of the 50 worst cars ever made.