April Fools Track Day @ Atlanta Dragway?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by integroid, Mar 27, 2011.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Since the import race got canceled this weekend, anyone want to go up this Friday, 04/01, for the Test and Tune up at Atlanta Dragways? I am going up just to get a few runs in to see what the car will do. Anyone else want to join in the fun?

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i might go up there to watch you

3. nygiant

nygiant Member

i can go to watch. i'm a noob and dont want to embarass myself :)

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

might roll up in the 68 SS

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I may be down.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

So you'll go but want to remain a n00b? May I suggest boxers so your balls can drop, man up and make some passes. :naughty:

We'll make fun of you either way but you'll gain some respect if you run. I'm sure someone will loan you a helmet.

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^I agree

and Brian you are lugging my ass up to get my car from sanders and yes we plan to go.

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

can I run the coupe on four spares?

9. integroid

I plan on bringing my son so Brian will be on baby sitting duty while I make my passes:)

Since when did NHRA make you run a roll bar for anything faster than a 11.50? I thought you didn't need a bar until you got into the 10's? Does anyone know how strict they are up at commerce? I know in Montgomery, they really didnt give care so much as long as you didnt get into the 9's.

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

brian NO
    they are strict A-holes

11. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Thats even starting to get tighter now, you now have to have a helmet to go lower then 11.5's hahah.

12. integroid

So basically I will have to sandbag until I am ready to get kicked out?

13. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I cant say how strict commerce will be on their time/safety requirements but I know that they most certainly operate it like legit NHRA track...wouldnt plan on getting away with much there.

Get your 1/8 dailed and wait for a pass that feels awesome and then just ride her out(like you didnt already know that).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  14. integroid

Yeah, that is what I plan to do. I guess it also depends on how many runs I can get in on Friday. I remember it was pretty painful 10-15 years ago on Friday nights up there. Seemed like you would get about a run an hour.

15. techlord

techlord Active Member

If you get there when the gates open you will get about 7 hack to back then the wait is about 1 an hour

16. integroid

well then I plan to be there when the gates open:)

17. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Yeah thats usually a good plan, my best runs are when I am able to do a not stop hot lap like i can when i go to MMP.

Car gets good and warm and has an abundance of fresh to cool her down on the way back to stage.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You still on the same turbo? I am really interested in seeing what you can run.

19. techlord

techlord Active Member

I plan to spank him with my little ol 18G.

20. integroid

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yes, still got the 6262. Running e85 now all the time and plan on running at least 32psi before I get kicked out.

21. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Where are you filling up on e85?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

22. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Yeah, ATL Dragways can make it difficult if you go under that certain time.

I prefer to go to Silver Dollar on Saturdays since I don't have to rush to get to ATL Dragways and then wait in line with a ton of V8s. Even that stupid power hour crap that you have to wait at least an hour till they get done.

Silver Dollar, I got 10+ runs and then got tired of making the same runs. Went there on a Saturday when they opened up. No stupid power hour to wait for.

Anyhow, if I go, I'll watch since I get off work at 7pm.

23. integroid

There is a BP at Hugh Howell and Mtn Industrial. I also go to the Chevron on Clairmont and Briarcliff. Both have been tested to be E85 int he last few weeks. I tested a gas station in buford and it came out being almost e90.

24. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

I was looking at Hugh Howell BP also. I was hoping price would be less than $3.19/gal. Still more expensive than premium by actual mpg. I'm hoping to get to breakeven before converting to E85. You would think E85 price would stay more independent of gasoline pricing. I can dream can't I?