Anyone modding STI sidefeeds around here?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by WRboXer, Mar 28, 2011.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Anybody know anyone capable of modding the stock STI side feeds around these parts for cheap?

I know the process is different for the sidefeeds rather then the top feeds, and for the most part more involved.

Thanks in advance for any tips or leads.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Swine, change your ride in your profile:)

Wich Hunter or DW are the only two places I would send sidefeeds to get modded. That way you can get a flow test so you know the variances between the injectors.

3. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Word.

Didnt know if the sidefeeds could be easily done by an individual with the proper tools(ill still be flow testing them).

4. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Yes, it is not hard, but flow testing is highly recommended. I have seen 10% variance on a couple sets I sent off.

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Certainly the plan. So is there anyone around doing this for cheap? Got a name and or contact info?

6. integroid

Swine, dont waste your time with sidefeeds. Save your money for a topfeed conversion and ID1000 injectors. There was a reason why Subaru stop using the sidefeed setup. The spray pattern on sidefeed are horrid especially after you mod them. Talk to Tom about how much better the bosch injectors are.

7. amonsta

amonsta Member

Or just swap in some wrx rails and ride the 1000s that way! Worked well for me.

8. integroid

You still need the topfeed TGV's or use the conversion rails from ID

I have my turboxs TF fuel rails I will sell you cheap if you want them.

9. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

eddie- did you go with the Aeromotive top feed rails on your car?

Just got an email from Fred Beans; they are stocking an Injector Dynamics sidefeed now. I would guess whatever ID does makes them the best sidefeed you can buy (I think they are like $650 sidefeed vs $450 topfeed). But they are pricey enough to make me think just do a TGV deletes and WRX topfeed rail for damn near the same coin.

Eddie and I did a lot of the same research separately and came up with the same result... the topfeed Bosch EV14 based ID 1000's are proven on so many different platforms... even though Eddie has the 2000cc version (some people can't help but overcompensate for a small penis; and I would know because it takes one to know one).

10. integroid

What Fred Beans sells is the ID1000/2000 topfeed to sidefeed conversion. It comes with custom fuel rails to let you use the topfeed Bosch injectors in a sidefeed TGV. You still need to purchase fuel lines with that kit. FB has no idea what they are selling:)

I did go with the Aeromotive rails. Yeah the rails themselves were cheap but the lines were about the same price as my car!

Actually, I do need the 2000cc injectors because of running E85. The 1000's just wouldn't flow enough:( At least I am asian and have an excuse for having a small penis....What's your excuse Mark? :)

11. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Hey-oh!