RallyCross suspension suggestions?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by BrianGT, Mar 28, 2011.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I am putting together a 2002 WRX for RallyCross, running in the Prepared AWD class. Simple mods so far, turbo back and an intake. Trying now to figure out what works for RallyCross as far as suspension.

Anyone on here have experience with this?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. b reel

b reel Active Member

the guys over at dirtyimpreza.com might be more helpful. So is Georgia going to have rallyx? finally?

3. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

We had a site secured, and were at the final steps before breaking ground during the off-season to make it a national-level site, but ran into the possibility of not being able to run on the site if we received sound complaints due tough county regulations that the site was in and gad to withdraw. We are back looking for a site, and are hoping to get a program started up before the end of the season. Atlanta region will have a program eventually, even if it means that we need to run on a site just over the Alabama border.

Thanks, will check out dirtyimpreza.com

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

how much land is needed? Some nice big grass parking lots out at AMS, maybe Mike Helton will let us run in his front yard.

5. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

I ran my 92 Legacy Sport on 04 WRX STi suspension-springs&struts. It worked really well! Honestly, I would stick with the stock suspension for your first few events and get used to the car.

Sucks to hear about the site! I have been waiting to hear any news about the site, etc as I have a rally ready Sentra SER I've been looking to beat on. Towing to Birmingham is fine, but closer is better!

What's the rest of the car's set up like? M4 is a tough class, but loads of fun! You should definitely come to the ALSCCA events in Harpersville!

6. cMags

cMags Member

Where is information going to be posted about events when things get together? I'd be interested to try it out.

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

Has anyone bothered to contact AMS? Besides tire testing, and Legends nothing happens there till Labor Day weekend.

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

This weekend, we are running a Novice school on Saturday and a Points event this Sunday in their Champions lot.

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

Cool, what time? Might have to head down that way being it's only a few minutes from the house.

10. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

My vote would be a stock suspension to see if you'll break it. From there, I'd check out a few of the journals of the Rally-X/Full Blown Rally guys on IWSTI.

12. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Wouldnt be interested in a fresh set of Whiteline Group-4's/AST 4100's would you?

13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Thinking stock suspension is good for now.