Stivers Subaru: New Dealer In Town

Discussion in 'General Community' started by BelvnAWD, Aug 2, 2010.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Driving into work this am and saw the banner for Stivers Subaru off 78/Scott/Ponce where the old Saturn Dealership used to be. Looks like there were already a few foresters on the lot. I looked up the website but could only find a dealership by this name in S.C. Anyways, found it mildly interesting...

2. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

That's kinda near me. I'll have to go in and check it out.

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

4. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

i'm happy. It's less than a mile from my house so now I don't have to drive to Kennesaw if I feel like stopping by the dealer :)

5. blaster

I went by there on my way home from work today to see what was up and got to talk to some of the staff a little about what all's going on.

They've only been open a week, and are still taking on a lot of inventory (no turbos yet), and they seem pretty excited to get in the game. They're definitely happy about being the only Subaru dealer ITP, and are eager to get out in the community and do as much as they can. They specifically mentioned some Decatur wine shindig, and some sort of outdoor equipment demo day, but also expressed a strong interest in getting some community members out there for a meet-up. The way the former-Saturn sales guy I talked to about it figures, he's got a lot he can/needs to learn from us.

I was told one thing that might excite you guys, but I'm not sure how true it is. They have some WRXs on the way, and should have them by the end of this week, but what's more interesting is that I was also told they'll have the first(?) STi in the states. Maybe this means sedan, maybe it's a larger blanket for all the '11s, but I dunno. Sounds a little fishy, but at least they've definitely got one on the way.

Nice to know there's another place in town for those of us who aren't anywhere near Gwinnett or Kennesaw. Drop in and say hi.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Very good to know, I'll have to drop in and say hello.

7. longfury

longfury Active Member

I hate to bump an old thread but...

Has anyone actually dealt with this dealership?

I saw that they have a 2011 STI sedan coming in and it is the right color(Silver) and has the right options(basically none). The price they gave me via email was better than I expected.

8. blaster

Still no experience buying, but I went in there last Sunday to look around (the lady's got her eye on a Legacy) and they were as nice as you could imagine. Lots of stories about how they didn't have any trouble getting to work during the snow and ice, but then again, they were preaching to the choir.

9. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Have bought parts from them a while back (2yrs)...but at that time they only had a service and parts dept.

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

That was the remnants of the old Royal Subaru. This dealer has only been open about 6 months or so. It is next to the QT on 78.

11. crash#2

crash#2 Member

bought a TO bearing from them. nice folks but not enough wrx/sti swag hanging around. seems to be the"other" kind of subaru dealer.

12. blaster

:pssh:?

13. WJM

WJM Banned

More money to be made when not dealing with performance cars.

Not to mention the insane amount of legal and liability issues surrounding performance modification of vehicles.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am honestly not worried what kind of dealer they are as long as I get a good price on the new car and a good value on my trade.

Of course, isn't that all we ever want out of a dealer in the end?

15. WJM

WJM Banned

Yes.

16. Stibo

Stibo New Member

Hey guys and gals... i am the new dealer in town... i would LOVE to get involved...hold a meet at the store...etc, etc,etc we have opened an E-PARTS store on the web site...so if anyone is interested in getting a personal code for special parts pricing feel free to contact me at the store and i can hook you up (johnny Stivers 404-248-1888) no need to call for parts pricing or have a parts guy look up a part while you stay on hold....YOU GET ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE PARTS CATALOG! With this new tool you can do it all online....we are in the building phase right now so any suggestions you guys have would be appreciated.

17. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Any plan to carry aftermarket performance parts like Cobb Tuning, whiteline, etc?

18. blaster

My wife needs a new car. Club discount? :naughty:

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

PM sent, sir.

20. rx7scott

rx7scott Member

I am in the process of buying a STI from them right now, it has been ordered and is supposed to be here soon. So far the experience with the dealership has been great. I do think that if you deal with the internet sales guy, James Smith, that you will get a better price right away. No hassles and very straight forward. I will try to remember to write here again after the whole deal has been done and tell you how it went. But I will have to say that I have been very pleased so far.