Possibly blown struts?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by gfred024, May 1, 2011.

1. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I have an 06 Sti and I have the clunking but ive only heard it from the front drivers side strut. Well recently it has gotten really bad. Less clunking and more like the sound of like a metal rod tapping on a board or something. Anyways the car is now lower on the drivers side and when I turn the passenger spring sounds like it's about to pop. I haven't been driving the car since I noticed this. Which was a few days ago. I've been pricing struts as I'm assuming that's what's wrong. But I plan to take it to the local Subaru people for a once over I'm hearing some belt squeak too. I was just wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions or could tell me I'm right in thinking its the struts?

2. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

Yessir those are the right symptoms of a blown strut did you hit a big pothole recently or something that could of probably finished it off... yep It will need to be replaced.

3. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I hit a turkey. Lol

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I was wondering... I guess we know now... Turkey strike = blown strut...

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

turkey or

jive turkey?

belt squeak may be the AC idler pulley, take the belt off and check the pulley.

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

good time for a d-spec upgrade

7. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Im guessing the turkey finished her off. Ill check the pulley asap. Thanks fellas..

8. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Found some used front sti struts for $200 shipped Im gonna buy em tonight..