Help needed w/ exhaust work

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Ej20 Devil, May 24, 2011.

1. Ej20 Devil

Ej20 Devil Member

I'm looking for the best place(s) to purchase and have a SS 3" flex joint installed on my DP here in Atlanta. I'm not a 100% in love with the fitment of my turboback so some modification is in order. I'm at work and on my phone so sorry if this is already covered in a previous thread.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

2. aneel

aneel Member

I know a good spot in Norcross. They made my straight pipe when I had it and never had any issues with it. Not sure if they have the flex joints fs though.

Extreme Performance Mufflers
    6309 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
    Norcross, GA 30071-2316
    (770) 817-1150

aneeL

3. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Back before Alex sold me his exhaust he got Juston at Six Star to weld a 3" flex pipe in place of the 2.5" taper on his Cobb CBE. Quality work, too.

If you mention either me (Diffenderfer) or Alex, Juston will know what you're talking about.

404-377-7874
    www.sixstarsvc.com

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

We would be happy to do it as well, we have a couple of people here that are capable of doing it. We only use the Tig as well so it won't look like those awful Mig welds normal muffler shops do.

Matt
    TopSpeed Motorsports

5. Ej20 Devil

Ej20 Devil Member

Thx for the replies! At this point i would gladly go to whoever has the 3" flex in stock. I want this taken care of rush since as it sits, its leaking a bit on the DP and MP flanges.

Buyers beware, a CNT DP and GMS do NOT like each other fitment wise! I'm about to throw everything away and buy a greddy or hks turboback like i originally planned. Lol

Thanks,

Ivan

6. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Let me know if you come out to the Haynes bridge area during the weekday so I can pickup that elbow for the intake please...:(

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

If you want a nice 3 inch stainless flex I doubt anyone has one in stock. Most people stock the mild steel ones.

Matt

8. Ej20 Devil

Ej20 Devil Member

ended up going to six star. one of the best experiences i've had in a while.

between allpro and six star, atl is a great place to be a suby owner :)

9. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Glad to hear Juston was able to set you up. I need to visit him soon, too.