IT Department?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 97s14, May 24, 2011.

1. 97s14

97s14 New Member

I was looking at a thread on here about building a PC and realized that there are a lot of people on here that sound like they are in the IT field and just wanted to see if we could get a list of our job titles and experiences so we could use each other for future job opportunities and or tech talk . I will start off first with what I do for a living and for fun.

Job title: Network Administrator
    Experience: 10yrs.
    College: DeVry University
    Degree: Computer Science
    Certs: MCSE, A plus / Networking plus
    Future Goals: Retire before I'm 35
    Where do you see the industry going: In the CRM world if you haven't heard Sales Force is taking over every Fortune 500 and small to medium business. If I were you I would buy stock in this company. Cloud computing is the future! Also if you are still in school study up on AJAX that is platform that Sales Force is written in very similar to JAVA.
    What do you do for fun? Counter Strike Source Every Day and modify cars.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I think you'll find at least 10 people well situated in various IT segments on the forum. Curious to see them chime in.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

5 of us work at the same company.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What company?

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Job title: S. Programmer/Analyst
    Experience: 6yrs.
    College: Francis Marion University
    Degree: Double Major in Computer Science and Mathematics
    Certs:
    Future Goals: Plan on retiring from the company I work out. Superb retirement benefits
    Where do you see the industry going: Technology is always advancing. What's hot today will not be tomorrow. Your strengths lies in your ability to adapt and learn as we go forward.
    What do you do for fun? Annoy WRXAtl members

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

mission accomplished

7. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

For now, I can only say working on PCs is just a hobby.
    I do plan on maybe going into the computer engineering major and see how that works out.

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Two companies in one...

http://www.air-watch.com/

http://wanderingwifi.com/

Start your own thread. This one is for those of us that do not work at gas stations.

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Oh holy shit-- I had two job offers from them last year! Small world.

10. superdoughboy4

11. Figment

Figment Member

Job title: Army Intelligence and Security Command GS-9
    Experience: 6yrs.
    College: Augusta Tech
    Degree: Computer Science
    Certs: A+,net +,Sec + vista(mcp),MCITP(win 7) few others
    Future Goals: Get away from the military :-/ get help with my PTSD.
    Where do you see the industry going: Have to agree with COOL______. Its dog eat Dog here.Gotta be on your A game working with officers.
    What do you do for fun? Laugh at superdoughboy4.He takes a good beating and keeps coming back for more. You really should take that dress off and put on your big boy pants when you logon here..Bravo for you.:clap:
    Shoot my guns.:wiggle:
    punch puppies.:cool:
    rape farm animals.:hsugh:
    PS3/xbox360.
    long walks on the beach wearing nothing but a cape.
    stalk David hasselhoff.
    send hate mail to MIKE@killshot performance:wavey:
    oscar mike.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dude uncalled for......else you will get banned.

13. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Yea I was surprised at how many subaru/saabarus there were in the parking lot when I started working here.

14. superdoughboy4

No, not uncalled for. Asking for it.

lolwut?

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  15. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

you work there too now? jesus...

16. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

make that 6. One guy doesn't post anything.

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

..wow -- maybe i should have taken the job.

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

There were very attractive ladies there if i remember..

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

they are all militant lipstick lesbians according to the one who doesn't post here

20. 97s14

97s14 New Member

Seems like a good company if everyone works there....

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Not from what I have heard.

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

No offence-- the guy that founded it (alan) founded MA as well-- have not heard good things about him. Talked to him on the phone for a while-- VERY pushy.

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

He's not the founder, more of a CFO.

24. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I have a job interview this Friday in which they want me to use Sales Force for additional sales. I've never used their website before, but is there anything you can tell me that i should know about it when i go into my interview. I may also be making website changes using SEO, JOOMLA, WORDPRESS, etc. Are these fairly easy to use? Any feedback will help.
    Thanks

25. 97s14

97s14 New Member

Sales Force is very user friendly and have online tutorials on the user and admin end.. If i were you I would look into videos online and read up on documentation. It is very straight forward. Have you ever used any type of CRM in the past. When you say you will be using Sales Force are you applying for a sales position or as a administrator. We use joomla for a couple of our sites www.globalfd.com and www.partnerwithamp.com and also Metadot which is also free.

26. 97s14

97s14 New Member

I don't know about your CFO but is seems like every CFO I have met are very straight forward and are usually douchebags. I guess they have to be when they report to the CEO and are always under alot of pressure.

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Alan is the guy behind the funding of the company.

28. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Its actually a marketing/office position and I was told they're going to see if using salesforce helps. The company sells polymer materials (granite, marble, stone, etc..) for home/hotel remodeling. There is no marketing department for this company so if hired, I guess they'll expect me to adapt and progress quickly.

29. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

ding ding ding we have a winner!

I work there too....of the wiffy suby club I'm number 3...but have been there longer than all but 1 of the suby owner wiffy workers

30. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Alan gave me a call and offered to take me out to lunch ~ 2 years ago.. Interesting guy.

31. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Yes he is....i'll agree to that. 2 years? The co, was just a spring chicken at that point....what, if you don't mind my asking, did he want you to do?

32. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

PM sent

33. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Sales force is pretty easy to use. Our sales guy uses the Marketo portion to get some of their info from customers going onto our website.
    I usually create events once I do my engineering side to document everything.
    Fairly simple once everything you've done it a few times.

34. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I'm not in the IT department, but I did get the job I applied for and start Tuesday

35. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Congrats!

36. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Thanks man! I feel very fortunate to score a job real soon, considering I was in Chicago since October. I got home Sunday night, had my interview Friday, and start Tuesday.